What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd

ipmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can i view dvds on my ipad? Someone said convert but not sure how. My dvds can be played on my macbook but not pulled into itunes for play on ipad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many many threads on this Forum about converting DVDs and playing them on your iPad. I use Handbrake - it's free and it has a special dedicated iPad setting. Have a look for other recommendations, too.

Tim

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I tried Handbrake my video was all pixelated. I must have missed something. Tried new Dvd and two old movies. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You didn't remove the blockers from the DVD before converting it. you have to get a program that removes blockers before handbrake can convert the movie correctly.

I use DVD43, which is free. Just Google it.

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did download dvd 43 and got a message about being a 32 bit version. Im running Windows 7 64 bit os. Then I downloaded the plus version for 64 bit. Said it would uninstall the 32 bit version. Didn't see anything happening when I inserted my DVD. Is the another program to try?

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DVD43 works automatically in the background. If you look at the bottom right of your screen when you put the DVD in there should be a yellow smiley face. While it is removing the blockers this smiley face will turn into a devil face, after the blockers are removed it will turn into a green smiley face. This all takes about 3 seconds so it is easy to miss if you don't know what you are looking for.

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DVD43 works automatically in the background. If you look at the bottom right of your screen when you put the DVD in there should be a yellow smiley face. While it is removing the blockers this smiley face will turn into a devil face, after the blockers are removed it will turn into a green smiley face. This all takes about 3 seconds so it is easy to miss if you don't know what you are looking for.

I'm running 64 bit Win 7 and DVD43 says it's the wrong version. The only other thing on their website is DVD43 plugin which says it's for 64 bit systems but their support page says that most programs don't support their plugin.

So are there alternative programs to DVD43?
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts