What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

company ipad with 3g---can they GPS track me all day?

sanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a new ipad from my company---it is all set up wit company sales apps and email. I am in sales. Can they see where i was all day if I keep this thing in my car? if so is there a way to turn it off? I turned off the location thing in settings, but really concerend they are tracking me with gps or something

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your 3G service is on they can pretty much track your location. Using MobileMe or possibly another program they may have installed. If your not gonna be "off duty" for too long you can just turn off the 3G and if your work says anything you could use the excuse that the service was out of service for a bit.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure can. With 3G turned on, MobileMe can pinpont your location down to the foot. They can also turn the cameras on using MobileMe and see what you're doing. It's a feature they added with the iPad2 to help catch thieves.

Prometheus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GPS is not the only thing that can be used to track a person. Using the cell phone towers they can pin point your location. That is how location based services work.

Don't know if they have installed an app to transfer location information to your company. You can however turn off 3G when you are going off the normal trail of work.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Brother is always watching these days.
Meaning you must become an honest worker. Can't cheat the system.
The system will com and hunt you back.
If you are honest and visit the costumes you were assigned to meet,
you should not care a bit, about iPad reporting your moves.

targa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I take my ipad into an apple store, can someone there look at my ipad and tell me if my company has installed software to track my whereabouts?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I take my ipad into an apple store, can someone there look at my ipad and tell me if my company has installed software to track my whereabouts?

I answered your question in the other thread you posted to.

Most reactions

Latest posts