What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera

katycat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to have difficulty in getting a clear picture when using the camera inside. I thought the poor quality was normal until seeing photos from other IPad users and realised how poor mine are, can anyone offer advice on how to remedy this problem - all advice would be gratefully received

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to have difficulty in getting a clear picture when using the camera inside. I thought the poor quality was normal until seeing photos from other IPad users and realised how poor mine are, can anyone offer advice on how to remedy this problem - all advice would be gratefully received

Since the iPad has no flash for the camera, you need good light for an acceptable picture. With insufficient light, the picture will be dark and grainy, with the grain increasing as the light level decreases.

OP
K

katycat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the iPad has no flash for the camera, you need good light for an acceptable picture. With insufficient light, the picture will be dark and grainy, with the grain increasing as the light level decreases.

Thank you, I thought this may have been the reason, however, taking a photo at the same time as my sister, light and position etc., mine comes out very grainy and hers very clear. same with visitors from UK and their I Pads, necessitating in them forwarding any decent photos to me. Is my I Pad faulty or am I doing something wrong, or is it still the same reason No flash?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, I thought this may have been the reason, however, taking a photo at the same time as my sister, light and position etc., mine comes out very grainy and hers very clear. same with visitors from UK and their I Pads, necessitating in them forwarding any decent photos to me. Is my I Pad faulty or am I doing something wrong, or is it still the same reason No flash?

Which iPad do you have? The iPad 2 rear camera is only 0.7 megapixels. The iPad 3 camera is 5 megapixels. The iPad 4 camera is the same as the iPad 3. Which iPad you have can make quite a difference in the quality of the photos you get.

OP
K

katycat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the I Pad 2 with the rear camera, the same as the ones I have been comparing the photos with.

Casper1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my iPad 2, even outside the images are pretty poor and this is using both the front and rear camera

Truffleshuffle03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my iPad 2, even outside the images are pretty poor and this is using both the front and rear camera
At first I didn;t have that problme but it seems like I have noticed the same problme with mine. as well. I also noticed mine has a hard time focusing on things even in good light and that may be the reson for the grainy photos I seem to be getting but not sure.

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never knew IPad 2 could take good pictures. Mine was always grainy and fuzzy since the day i bought it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I've never been impressed with the camera on this thing. But, that doesn't matter to me since I use a real camera to take photos. Interestingly, the iPad 2 does make decent looking videos so I have used it for that.

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never been impressed with the camera on this thing. But, that doesn't matter to me since I use a real camera to take photos. Interestingly, the iPad 2 does make decent looking videos so I have used it for that.

True story!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad2 takes terrible pictures. I have no use for the camera on the iPad2. Fortunately, I have cell phones, real still cameras, and video cameras for when I wish to take pictures.

The front camera can be fun, and offers a nice capability for video chat, skype, mirror app, things like that.

snowy91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree that the rear camera is rubbish, but then I rarely use it..tend to use my phone or my camera!

The front camera is fine, of at least it it does the job. In FaceTime!

Most reactions

Latest posts