What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buying refurbished- any negative concerns

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since I purchased my Mini...I have used it equally as I do with my ipad2. Just love both of them and wouldn't think to retire my iPad 2 anytime soon! :)

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Typically refurbished means it was reset to factory settings and completely looked over to make sure it functions as a brand new one would from the box. And also replace the screen if there are any cosmetic defects (cracks, scratches or chips). Sometimes refurbished will have cosmetic defects but they wouldn't be to the screen or they'd specifically list the damage to the screen before you buy. So maybe the back might have a couple minor wear & tear scratches. I bought my iPad 3 refurbished from Best Buy on Amazon. Works great other than the common battery issues related specifically to the iPad 3. Generally if you buy any refurbished item from a reputable business you'll never know its refurbished. Only difference would be your warranty or maybe those wear & tear scratches. I've gotten several items refurbished and will continue to in the future. Heck I got my wife a refurbished Nikon camera listed anywhere from $600 to $800 new on Nikons refurbished eBay store for $300. And it came with their full regular warranty they offer on the new ones. My only suggestion is buy from someone reputable & look at their warranty details first. Then sit back & enjoy that "new" discounted device!

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

Most reactions

Latest posts