What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth keyboards restart iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iGo Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard. This keyboard automatically 'goes to sleep' after a few minutes of inactivity. Pressing any key 'wakes it up' and, when it's paired with the iPad, resumes the connection.

I've noticed that, when the iPad is in 'sleep' mode (Autolock), if I press a key on the BT keyboard (when it's asleep), the keyboard wakes up and then the iPad wakes up too - and not just to the normal screen (where you have to slide the slider to confirm you really want to wake up) but straight into the full Home screen. So, if you have Autolock set to 'Never' it's a sure fire way to run your battery flat.

Tim
Scotland

RoadToad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need adult leadership re: ipad BT keyboard

I have an iGo Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard. This keyboard automatically 'goes to sleep' after a few minutes of inactivity. Pressing any key 'wakes it up' and, when it's paired with the iPad, resumes the connection.

I've noticed that, when the iPad is in 'sleep' mode (Autolock), if I press a key on the BT keyboard (when it's asleep), the keyboard wakes up and then the iPad wakes up too - and not just to the normal screen (where you have to slide the slider to confirm you really want to wake up) but straight into the full Home screen. So, if you have Autolock set to 'Never' it's a sure fire way to run your battery flat.

Tim
Scotland

Tim
We have a misplaced ipad2 that has a BT keyboard paired to it.
The ipad is apparently asleep and we want to "beep" it.
Will what you said in your post (above) do that?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bluetooth devices need to be very close to each other to talk as the range is very limited.

It you have misplaced your iPad, Find my IPad is your only option to make it beep I'm afraid.

-t

RoadToad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lost iPad2

Unfortunately that app was not installed.
However, it is still showing as actively logged into Facebook.
That suggests the G3 data service is still "hot".
Can a trace or "ping" type discover that radio signal?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm afraid nothing you can do as a consumer can locate your device based on it's 3G signal. It is anonymously reporting itself to Apple - no help there - and NCIS could find it, but they're just a TV show...

I'm afraid you are S.O.L..

-t

OP
Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the Mail app on the iPad set to retrieve email regularly? If you don't have Mute enabled, then the iPad will make its 'You have mail' sound when new email arrives. Send your iPad email and see if you can hear that sound.

Tim

Most reactions