are you a mac or a windows user?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by matt_90036, Oct 11, 2010.

?

are you a mac or windows user

1. I am a mac user

200 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. I am a windows user

400 vote(s)
    50.3%
  3. I use both

195 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    MacBook Pro user, I never ever would go back to Windows.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was a Windows user when I joined this forum. Now I'm using a MacBook Pro at home, and Windows at work.

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I used a Windows computer for four years before I got my first MacBook Pro in 2013.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, my vote was as a 'Mac User' but I never left a post on reviewing the thread - SO, I've lived in both worlds at different times. In 1980, our first computer was an Apple II+ w/ a second floppy drive (like shown below) and a $500 Hayes modem which allowed me to checkout my X-ray reports @ home via the dialup modem - that combination cost me $3000 then (or nearly $9000 in today's dollars!) - of course, this was on my fringe account - Susan thought that I was crazy, but after buying 'Peachy Writer' and an Epson dot matrix printer, she was in 'heaven' - plus, our 7 y/o son was enamored and is now an IT guy in Indianapolis.

In the mid-80s, my medical center decided on PCs, so switched to a clone running MS DOS and ended up w/ a LOT of Dell PCs at work and at home - thus, a DOS -> Windows guy for 25+ years - retired in 2011 and by early 2013, dumped our Dell PC w/ Windows XP and completely migrated to Apple products - now own an iMac, MBPro, MBAir, 2 iPads, & one iPhone 6 (used by Susan); also, an AirPort Extreme router - many reasons for changing but one was certainly getting RID of AV software. We have not looked back. Dave :)
    appleii-system.jpg

5. mikedejong31

mikedejong31
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am a windows user at home, but a mac user at work. The transition was really strange in the beginning, but you get used to it after a few days!

6. barbdvegeen

barbdvegeen
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I actually use both a mac and a windows user. my personal pick? windows. why? do not ask. because the choice, it is so obvious. present the obvious reasons? i do not want to start a lengthy conversation where ill need to answer to mac fanboys owo. so yeah windows so far has been my go-to. albeit that win8 lol whew.. that was.. just NO. and except those win10 weird ass updates yeah windows is my thang

7. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I used to be a Windows user, but influenced by the good experience of my first iPad I went for a MacBook four years ago.