are you a mac or a windows user?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by matt_90036, Oct 11, 2010.

?

are you a mac or windows user

1. I am a mac user

202 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. I am a windows user

403 vote(s)
    50.2%
  3. I use both

197 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately both. Mac at home and PC at work!

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I suppose Windows is the OS most schools use.
    My Thinkpad isn't old enough to get "retired", so it's a PC at home as well. But since I received my first iPad, I rarely use the laptop.

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My old laptop, which I retired when I got a MacBook Pro last year, was an IBM ThinkPad. I haven't turned it on in over a year.

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The last time I had to use mine was in February, I think.
    It's just 3 years old and still a good device, even with Windows 8.1 installed, so it'll "live" for a while, I suppose.

5. Drew wal

Drew wal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I was shocked when my windows machine worked when I used it the other day ....!

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

6. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ha ha. Bet you were!

7. Drew wal

Drew wal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I really was ...! That's the thing , genuinely surprised , I mean the last time I used it a couple of weeks ago I was ready to launch it out the second floor window , it was really being ....., annoying for want of another word ! Thankfully I rarely use it , which is a shame as it used to be the hub of activity but my trusty ipad / iPhone / ipod combination have taken the lead roll now , all I wanted to do was print a simple doc and I was chuffed lol , the poor thing

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

8. the damps

the damps
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm a long-time Windows guy (W 3.0), also proficient in Algol, Fortran, Honewell Assembly Language and Singer-Link GP4 Assembler. Back in my engineering apprenticeship (1960 or so), I even did some binary coding on a UK computer called DEUCE. It took up about 3500 square feet of office space and several tons of air conditioning capacity to do what a $20 scientific calculator can do easily these days.

My wife is the iPad person, as are just about all our grandkids. DW gave her ASUS Netbook an unintended shower in Pinot Grigio while it was powered up (after she got her iPad gift from the grand-kids - I think it was their Mom's company machine and they gave them away when they upgraded). Much spitz-und-sparken, no more netbook.

She decided, since she had the iPad already (I think it's a model 2, since it has two cameras - how can you determine for sure?) she would abandon Windows. Age would suggest it's not an "Air" and size that it's not a "Mini", but I can't find a label that says exactly what it is. We're gradually integrating it into our network. We need a new printer, since the elderly one I have doesn't handle Airprint. My eMachines tower is hooked up to it by a USB cable.

I'm too immersed in Windows (and used to a "proper" keyboard) to make the switch at my age, so I'll soldier on. I will be getting a Win 7 laptop shortly, as my tower is XP and isn't fast enough for W7. I'll be keeping the tower until it dies of old age, exclusively off the Internet, for running Quicken and doing photo-editing. That way, I don't need to buy a new version of Quicken and can isolate our family photo library from the **sholes who are breaking in, setting passwords on your photofiles and then demanding a ransom ($500 to $2000) or they'll delete them.

9. zstairlessone

zstairlessone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Go to general, settings, about and write the model number. Do a web lookup for the model number and it will tell you what color, how much memory etc. mine is a MD371LL and here is a search

image-4273132691.jpg

For the record it is a white, 3rd gen 64GB with cellular.

10. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Mac at home and Mac at the office. YAY!!! I don't miss windows at all. When my iMac was delivered, all I had to do was plug it in and use it. I feel like I have a giant iPad as it is so quiet.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF