Apollo–Browser Lets You Browse the Web and Facebook Chat at Same Time

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jun 20, 2011.

By Maura on Jun 20, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:
    [FONT=&quot]Apollo–Browser w/FB chat is a new free tabbed iPad browser app from Voyager Technology that claims to be the “first and only†app to let the user browse the web and Facebook chat at the same time, so you won’t have to miss any of that vital chat when you’re browsing! The Facebook chat box is situated in the bottom right corner of the browser, just as on your computer browser, and all you have to do is log in to your Facebook account to start chatting and browsing. If you want to have more than one chat ongoing at the same time, you can open up new chat tabs and swipe to switch between them. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s actually quite a nice little browser even if you’re not interested in the integrated Facebook chat element, which is presumably why it was recently featured as New and Noteworthy in the App Store. It keeps it very simple, uncluttered and clean, with just four buttons on the top toolbar, and tabs that you switch between by swiping, and the default colour is that nice Facebook blue. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For some reason you have to be 17+ to download the browser. I can’t actually see why that might be so, but just to point that out. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Click here to download the free app: Apollo-Browser w/FB chat for iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Voyager Technology, iTunes[/FONT]
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jun 20, 2011.

1. stevenwireless
      nice review

Maura,thanks a lot !

btw, the app is 17+ because all third party browser apps have to be rated like this:(

all feedbacks are welcome! and here are sneak peaks to our next version, there is a video popup feature:

2. SweetPoison
      We love our Maura.:) Nice browser!
    3. Irish Rose
      Irish Rose
      I agree, that browser does look nice. I might try it. I already have have 4, so what's 1 more, lol. :D
    4. stevenwireless

5. Maura
      You're welcome! It's a cool browser. Thanks for explaining about the 17+, rating, I didn't realise.
    6. Maura
      Aw thank you!! :D
    7. Clockwork
      Very nice indeed! I also notices I could copy a text in some site that was just impossible using native safari.

I would recommend to consider supporting some good stuff supported by other browser. It seems every brows has it's own pros but something that does it all would be perfect, and most things are pretty straight forward I presume:

- full screen browsing mode
      - split multiple windows
      - configurabe gestures
      - download power. It would be best if we could select which program co-related to the downloaded file.

8. stevenwireless
      this piece is the first one of Apollo Browser:0 and maybe your piece bring us some luck, apollo just passed apple review!

now you can use web/video split screen, we're the first on iPad to make this feature !!!
    9. stevenwireless
      great feedbacks!

full screen- I do not like how other browsers are doing this, if we do this, it will be real full screen. not one button on screen. all depend on gesture

split window - upgrade to 1.3 right now! you can split between web and window. and may I ask what use case do you have in mind for two web window splitting ? just wondering

configure gesture - we really do not like more settings. what gestures do you have in mind?

download - now we are talking:) it's about done, will release in ver 1.4