What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zite App on iPad 1

SeanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sad day for my iPad 1. First time I couldn't try an app I was interested in because of the firmware. I think I had tried the app before, but the new version requires ios 6. :(

I'm sure there are others, but this is the first time I've personally run into it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SeanR said:
Sad day for my iPad 1. First time I couldn't try an app I was interested in because of the firmware. I think I had tried the app before, but the new version requires ios 6. :(

I'm sure there are others, but this is the first time I've personally run into it.

If you enjoy photo and video editing, the iMovie and iPhoto apps also have an iOS 6 minimum requirement now.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That will happen increasingly, because developers have to make choices about how many resources to dedicate to old vs. new devices, and whether to gimp their feature set and other advances because of the limitations of older hardware.

The limits of my iPad 1 led me to get iPad 4. I didn't need more features, but my iPad 1 had begun to show its age. I was going to keep it indefinitely and use it for movies and photos (mine is 64GBs), but I've decided to give it to a kid who can't afford any iPad, hoping that he'll get some use out of it. I just backed it up overnight and will be dropping it off today.

I've gotten my money's worth from iPad 1, and think it'll be appreciated more in his hands now.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That will happen increasingly, because developers have to make choices about how many resources to dedicate to old vs. new devices, and whether to gimp their feature set and other advances because of the limitations of older hardware.

The limits of my iPad 1 led me to get iPad 4. I didn't need more features, but my iPad 1 had begun to show its age. I was going to keep it indefinitely and use it for movies and photos (mine is 64GBs), but I've decided to give it to a kid who can't afford any iPad, hoping that he'll get some use out of it. I just backed it up overnight and will be dropping it off today.

I've gotten my money's worth from iPad 1, and think it'll be appreciated more in his hands now.

You are so thoughtful, Kaykaykay! :)

OP
SeanR

SeanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get a mini, and hopefully my wife will love it and I can inherit her iPad 3. I'm typing this on her 3 and it is awesome. :)

Nice job on donating your iPad 1, my son will get mine (which he uses more than me anyway).

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts