What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg InvisiShield

T6D16C84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just picked up an ipad today and am looking at screen protection. I am looking at the Zagg Invisible Shield. My only concern is with screen responsiveness. Will I notice the screen being any less responsive with the zagg shield as opposed to a non protected screen?

OP
T

T6D16C84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so regardless I will suffer some responsiveness if I put a screen protector on?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People say that you don't need a screen protector

On an iPad because the glass is hard enough to withstand scratches. But some people say that the glass can be scratched and they would rather scratch a shield than the glass itself.

The way I see it? I'd rather err on the screen protected side than on the keep it naked side. I have an invisible shield on my iPad and I have not noticed any difference between having it on or off in terms of responsiveness to my finger touch.

And those aforementioned, presumably expert Apple employees? One told me that if Apple doesn't offer a specific product for it's devices it is not necessary. However, he owned an iPad and he has a screen protector on his--"just in case."

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a zagg screen protector on all my devices.. there is no issue with responsiveness. About the only issue is a little tacky (VERY little) feel rather than the slick slick feel without a screen. It doesn't affect performance and if you put it on straight away you don't know the "other" feel to worry about comparing. :)

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the cheapest screen protector I could find and put it on before I even used my iPad. The screen responds just fine. My main problem is getting the screen on without getting a speck of dust trapped underneath leaving a big ugly bubble behind. I think my screen came out to about $5 for three. The Zagg protector is like $20. Is it really worth it? Also, is it easier to put on?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just visit an apple retail store and watch how many people touch and feel their iPads on display. None of them have screen protecters. Apple does not sell screen protections as it may cause non responsiveness , not to mention it looks bad and tacky. Nothing is like feeling the glass with no bubbles and wrinkles either on or off.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Zagg and it is just fine. Nice and responsive, keeps fingerprints smudges at a minimum and all. I have a regular crystal clear screen protector on my iPhone.
It is a personal preference. Many opt not to use screen protectors. I always have chosen to on every PDA/Treo/WM phone and now iPad. worth it to me.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to put screen protectors on both of mine. The cat used my wifes as a Launch pad and put a very tiny scratch on the glass. I have screen protectors on everything else I use and they do there job. After all these are investments and I would like to protect mine as best as I can.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SBHOKC makes a good point. These are investments. That's why I protect mine too. LOL, I too have a cat and he would clearly think nothing of sitting on mine! That's why it is in a Targus Truss cover closed at all times when not in use, and but one of the reasons why I have a screen protector when I am using it. Even so, I just don't feel it is worth the chance on such expensive electronics!

Benm1020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On amazon you can get it for 11$ plus shipping. For the front only
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BZ8W8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=]Amazon.com: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPad (Front): Electronics[/ame]

HST

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Zagg on everything I have. I love them. The install stuff that comes with them is nothing compared to the installation kit that BestBuy has for them. It's worth the $7 or $8 they charge to install the shield for you.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Zagg on everything I have. I love them. The install stuff that comes with them is nothing compared to the installation kit that BestBuy has for them. It's worth the $7 or $8 they charge to install the shield for you.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know Best Buy would install it for me. I thought of having the Apple store do it but I didn't think the guy working there could do any better than me.

Most reactions

Latest posts