What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube was bad on iPad 1, how is it on iPad 2?

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I've really hated about my iPad 1 is the YouTube app is so worthless. Videos are always buffering, takes me 10 minutes to watch a 2 minute clip, drives me crazy (it's the iPad, not my network).

Any info on if the iPad 2 is able to stream YouTube better?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at least they improve that one. i still cant get it that preinstalled works so badly. and numerous updates didnt improve it a bit.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YouTube HD video looks smooth, gorgeous and buffer-free on my iPad 2. Of course this is with wifi. 3G isn't nearly as nice.

OP
R

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution for iPad 1 users: jailbreak and install MxTube. You can download HD videos from YouTube. You can even download multiple at a time.

That way: No buffering ;)

My iPad is already jailbroken, just didn't know about the MxTube app. Wow oh my god, this is really cool. I can watch YouTube videos on my iPad finally!

Thank you. I'd hug you, but that might just be weird! :D

OP
R

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear YouTube is working great on the iPad 2. Thanks for the responses.

ctguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also download "yourtubeHD for iPad" from cydia. It let you DL straight from YouTube app. It cost a few bucks buy intergrates nicely into the YouTube app.

joomakramjutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both are Good But i think ipad 2 has some Good functions The iPad 2 is very much a video device. The resolution is the same, the price is the same and the battery life is the same.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also download "yourtubeHD for iPad" from cydia. It let you DL straight from YouTube app. It cost a few bucks buy intergrates nicely into the YouTube app.

^this
I have this also....like how you can export vid into ipod video. Its the way youtube should have been. I too also have ipad1 and youtube works just fine for me....as long as I'm on wifi.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ravynmagi said:
One thing I've really hated about my iPad 1 is the YouTube app is so worthless. Videos are always buffering, takes me 10 minutes to watch a 2 minute clip, drives me crazy (it's the iPad, not my network).

Any info on if the iPad 2 is able to stream YouTube better?

I have iPad 1 and I have never once experienced this......which makes we wonder how you know it is the iPad and not the network?

The Archangel

Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I have iPad 1 and I have never once experienced this......which makes we wonder how you know it is the iPad and not the network?

The Archangel

A simple comparison between a pc and iPad both loading the same YouTube video. If it doesn't buffer on the pc, it would indicate that the Internet connection is not the issue.

On 3G YouTube is worthless and sadly even over WiFi it does not work to well on iPad 1. SD clips load fine, but most HD clips buffer after a couple of minutes.

Most reactions

Latest posts