What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube issues after ios6 update

Fireman638

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope I can find some answers here. I updated my ipad2 to the new update, and since then, I open YouTube in safari, and it will not play any videos. I get a red bar across that says I need to update adobe flash, but that is incompatible with apple. YouTube videos don't work, so I tried to download the YouTube app for iPhone, but it will not let me. I restarted the iPad, as well as did the 4 finger swipe and closed everything on the bottom of the screen. The odd part is, my wife has an iPad 2 as well, and has no issues at all. Any ideas?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you visited YT in Safari were you in the desktop version or mobile?

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fireman638 said:
Hi everyone, hope I can find some answers here. I updated my ipad2 to the new update, and since then, I open YouTube in safari, and it will not play any videos. I get a red bar across that says I need to update adobe flash, but that is incompatible with apple. YouTube videos don't work, so I tried to download the YouTube app for iPhone, but it will not let me. I restarted the iPad, as well as did the 4 finger swipe and closed everything on the bottom of the screen. The odd part is, my wife has an iPad 2 as well, and has no issues at all. Any ideas?

Try to download Google Search and try play from there I'm sure apple will fix it!

Jase13efc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!!i have exactly the same issues since updating my iPad, cannot watch anything on YouTube which I previously could. Can't watch YouTube on google or safari.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Download the free app, Jasmine. It's a fully featured YouTube client, and works very well.

Reaction score
Get youplayer

Its WAY better than jasmine.

It doesnt constantly have restricted feeds and the videos actually work. Jasmine fails WAYYY too much.

Youplayer is just like the old youtube app. Maybe even better! :D

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you go to youtube.com? Or m.youtube.com? You may be on a desktop version which will not play on the iPad, you need to view it in the mobile version of the site

Most reactions

Latest posts