What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You love your tablet!

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting article. I do agree that Its a nice way to relax and keep yourself busy. All I pretty much do throughout the day is Watch movies and web browse.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, seems anymore I do not leave a room on my house without my iPad in hand even though my iPhone is in my pocket. So spoiled.

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine pretty much every day, but I find myself using it less and less. Maybe it's me, but the games are starting to seem like "same old" and I find it much easier to browse the web and do e-mail on a laptop or desktop.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me it is a landslide, mostly because I hate the whole concept of smart phones. I have never owned one and if I ever do it will be because of music. I don't mind texting on the iPad but on my phone I have sent a grand total of 91 texts... ever. The screen is just too small.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beesknees said:
For me it is a landslide, mostly because I hate the whole concept of smart phones. I have never owned one and if I ever do it will be because of music. I don't mind texting on the iPad but on my phone I have sent a grand total of 91 texts... ever. The screen is just too small.

Well there is a difference of opinions. I find my phone is much more convenient as I always have it in hand. It's become like an extension of my brain. I'm even using IPF app on my phone to type this. For reading news in bed I find it much easier to do it on my phone with one hand to hold it and my thumb to navigate.

The iPad I like for the more detailed items.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Well there is a difference of opinions. I find my phone is much more convenient as I always have it in hand. It's become like an extension of my brain. I'm even using IPF app on my phone to type this. For reading news in bed I find it much easier to do it on my phone with one hand to hold it and my thumb to navigate.

The iPad I like for the more detailed items.

See and I hate the idea of a phone always on me. Mine sits in a drawer unless I leave the house. Having a smart phone means there is always some to do and you are always accessible. No thanks.

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A third opinion. For me the iPhone is my iPad on the go. Do all the same things with it, as most of the time the iPad is too big to bring with me, although it is perfect at home. I don't know how I managed without either one.

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajcgn said:
A third opinion. For me the iPhone is my iPad on the go. Do all the same things with it, as most of the time the iPad is too big to bring with me, although it is perfect at home. I don't know how I managed without either one.

I agree. I love having my iphone with me specially days I'm out and bored. I do pretty much the same things I do on my ipad on my phone. Expect watch movies. I prefer my ipad for that.

mannyberrios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajcgn said:

Yes I agree. R.I.P. laptop

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notebook computers and even minis are not good "leisure" devices. They are hot, heavy, and loud. When in the easy chair or bed the tablet is an easy choice.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use both my phone and by tablet. I do prefer the tablet for most stuff, but when out and about the phone is easier to use. I rarely use it to with a web browser, though. there are plenty of apps that pull info down off the web and serve it up better than a web browser. Using the apps for this forum on the phone works well, but whenever I can, I go to the tablet. The tablet is more useful for most of the stuff I do, except when I'm moving around. I especially prefer to use my tablet for navigation, but if I am out and about, then the phone provides a more quick and dirty option as I don't have to mount it. I don't make many calls on my phone...it is more like a pocket computer. I do think the article applies to me, though. I do feel a stronger connection to the tablet than the phone, but I have to admit I enjoy having both. And I like the fact that the iPad is pretty much a big iPhone or iPad Touch. :)

And I still use both a desktop and a laptop!

mannyberrios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I use both my phone and by tablet. I do prefer the tablet for most stuff, but when out and about the phone is easier to use. I rarely use it to with a web browser, though. there are plenty of apps that pull info down off the web and serve it up better than a web browser. Using the apps for this forum on the phone works well, but whenever I can, I go to the tablet. The tablet is more useful for most of the stuff I do, except when I'm moving around. I especially prefer to use my tablet for navigation, but if I am out and about, then the phone provides a more quick and dirty option as I don't have to mount it. I don't make many calls on my phone...it is more like a pocket computer. I do think the article applies to me, though. I do feel a stronger connection to the tablet than the phone, but I have to admit I enjoy having both. And I like the fact that the iPad is pretty much a big iPhone or iPad Touch. :)

And I still use both a desktop and a laptop!

Yes! I agree with you

Most reactions

Latest posts