What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another new iPad owner

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all! I ordered my iPad 2 online ten or fifteen minutes before they were to officially start taking orders so it was one of the first to arrive the following Wednesday. 16 gb, wifi, white. Turned out I wouldn't have had any problem picking one up from Best Buy as long as I'd gotten there before six o'clock but who knew?

So far I'm loving it, though I really do need to look at a real keyboard of one form or another for it. Best guess is probably a Zaggmate to act as keyboard, case and stand. The UI is pretty sweet, though I do find myself reaching for the monitor on my work computer some days. Probably a common problem.

This is my first Apple computer since an Apple II back in the late seventies, though I dId have a NeXT for a while there. Now I'm thinking how cool it would be to write some apps for the iPad but I don't think I can justify a Mac to my wife right now. Until then I'll spend most of my time in it surfing or reading ebooks with some board/card games thrown in for good measure.

OP
C

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Welcome! Try checking out this link ~ like popcorn? Happy reading!

I saw that review before I even got my iPad. That, others like it and the list of changes to the new version posted at the end pretty much sealed the deal for me, once I convince my wife we can afford it.

BTW, there appears to be a bug in the forum app. When I tried to reply to this message while including the link it told me that I haven't posted enough to add links to messages and that I'd need to remove the link to post the message. No problem, I understand why you do that. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me do anything at that point but cancel - the screen showed that it was sending but there was no way to edit the message to make it comply with the request. Not a big deal but you might want to look into it.

Most reactions

Latest posts