What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YES! Solution to downgrade iOS 4.3b3 to 4.2.1

torarne70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a solution to downgrade the iOS on my iPad from 4.3b3 to 4.2.1:)*I had IOS 4.3b3 on it. what I did was to upgrade to 4.2.1. Upgrade with shift+upgrade and used orginal iOS 4.2.1. You wil get an error in iTunes ignore it. Use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery it will start normal and ask for unlock kode ignore it. then i run Greenpos0n RC5_2. and you have IPad on iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaked :D

Update!

Just do a iTunes shift+restore and select iOS 4.2.1. you wil get error 1015 ignore it. just run Grenposi0n RC5 and you ar on 4.2.1 jailbreaked :) YES!!

Last edited:

crushuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also can confirm this works, Been trying to downgrade for quite while but could never get pass that passcode.. :)

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So for iPad either u have to stock upgrade to 4.2.1 before jb or how and what is doing in dfu and how? Any advantages?

OP
T

torarne70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update :)

You don't need Cydia shsh blobs for this on to work, like the sticky thread needs. In iOS 4.2.1 and 4.3 beta's Appel has baseband check that make it impossible to use Tinyumbrella or Cydia to downgrade. :)

Update! Just do a iTunes shift restore with iOS 4.2.1. you wil get error 1015 ignore it. just run Grenposi0n RC5 and you ar on 4.2.1 jailbreaked :) YES!!

Last edited:

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, works great! This is going to help a lot of people.

ziafaiz91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much love you bro for this..!!

I found a solution to downgrade the iOS on my iPad from 4.3b3 to 4.2.1:)*I had IOS 4.3b3 on it. what I did was to upgrade to 4.2.1. Upgrade with shift+upgrade and used orginal iOS 4.2.1. You wil get an error in iTunes ignore it. Use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery it will start normal and ask for unlock kode ignore it. then i run Greenpos0n RC5_2. and you have IPad on iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaked :D

Update!

Just do a iTunes shift+restore and select iOS 4.2.1. you wil get error 1015 ignore it. just run Grenposi0n RC5 and you ar on 4.2.1 jailbreaked :) YES!!

hey bro you must be fine,
i love you bro for this. i was just trying this for last 3 months since the first 4.3 beta was released.. and i was tired of trying like hell....love you bro....

Jasonc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I'm having trouble with this, whenever I try to do the shift restore and select 4.2.1 I just get a message that says device not eligible, no error message or anything then it just kicks me back to the main itunes restore area.

desgho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad 1 came with a stock 4.3. Is there any way to download it because i dont have SHSH saved.

g00ber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad 1 came with a stock 4.3. Is there any way to download it because i dont have SHSH saved.

I'm on the same boat as you.
I bought a second-hand iPad with 4.3 already in there.
Any way to downgrade to 4.2.1?
Will this downgrade method work?

Chiangx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
g00ber said:
I'm on the same boat as you.
I bought a second-hand iPad with 4.3 already in there.
Any way to downgrade to 4.2.1?
Will this downgrade method work?

Try jail break ipad 4.3 first use snowbreeze . and then open cydia , see in top, shsh 4.3 or shsh 4.2.1,4.3 . , if u just have shsh 4.2.1,4.3 , thats ur ipad 100% will succes downgrade

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can only downgrade your iPad if you have SHSH blobs saved for the version of IOS you want to go to. Blobs are unique to your device and cannot be spoofed.
Since your units are factory fresh with 4.3 installed there will be no chance for you to downgrade as things stand. If however they were refurb units and somebody saved SHSH's before for the device, then you would be able to downgrade.
An easier way to check than what Chiangx suggested is to download tinyumbrella (google it) and this will tell you what SHSH's you have without having to jailbreak first. Most likely it will be 4.3. though. Sorry.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts