What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you go into space?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beam.gif

The cost is $200K per person. But your ticket is paid.

Would you go?

I don't fly ~ and there is no way in hell I am flying in a match box.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely - I'd be first in the queue. I've tried to persuade my wife to sell our house in order that I can go, but she won't hear of it...:(

But, if someone was going to purchase my ticket I'd love it. Always wanted to go to the moon...

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the Apollo program was wound up, I was devastated. I was too young to join NASA at that time but there were credible plans in NASA to land a person on Mars by 1985, when I would have been the right age. I would have gone even if I knew there was a chance of never returning.

But I'd love to go on the Virgin Galatic though...or to the International Space Station....

I'm surprised you don't like flying!! An American who doesn't like to fly??????? You guys invented flying...

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh Tim you crack me up. Why am I not surprised you would want to go. Space, the final frontier......

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apollo program was instrumental in inspiring a whole generation of engineers and scientists world-wide. It's what made me go into science and engineering. It's that aspect of the program that's often overlooked. In my view, the US is - today - pre-eminent in the field of science, technology and engineering, in no small measure, due to the thousands of youngsters who, like me, were enthralled and transfixed by those space flights and went on to become today's engineers and scientists. It was a very sad day indeed when the last Shuttle flight was launched.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, my, I would go into space in a heart beat!

I'm dating myself, but when "Close Encounters" came out...at the end, I so wanted to be the one who got to get on that spaceship!

And, even with the two shuttle disasters, I still would've signed up to go...if the program hadn't closed.

I so hope I'm still around when private ventures really get going (and cheaper!); I'll sign right up...

Pick me! Pick me! :D

Marilyn

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we need to sign up as a crew - Hayley, Marilyn and me - and volunteer for the next manned space flight.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We could moderate iPF from Earth orbit! I wonder how easy it is to use an iPad in zero-G? Come to that, are there any iPads already on the International Space Station????

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts