What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work, Knowledge and Art

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just caught a documentary by Simon Armitage who is a poet and gadget freak. His documentary was entitled "Upgrade Me" and reasons for the trend. As an upgrader to new iPad from the original (skipped iPad 2) it got me thinking of my own personal reason. As content is king (but also function and ease of use of device) and it covers the 3 pillar needs of Work, Knowledge and Art (meaning literature, film & TV & music) then upgrade for me was more about enhancing the experience of accessing content for all three on what for me was the best device at the time.

Interested on others thoughts and points raised by Simon's program. Do we upgrade to keep up with our 'peers' or satisfy our 'inner shopper' or is there a more valid and compelling reason. Interested in views.

SquiderDragon

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have any peers to keep up with. I have more gadgets than anyone I know, lol, and the people I care about don't care much about gadgets.

I've always been in travel mode, even when not traveling. When I was a kid, my play involved imaginary travel, lol. I've always liked the idea of being able to pick up and go. Mobile devices let me do that. I didn't care about gadgets till ebooks started picking up momentum and I could access the Internet easily even while mobile. That's what I want most on the go.

Most reactions