What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word puzzle games

GMY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone have any ideas of good word games on the Ipad 2? I like nice slow games. Have Befuddled, which I love, but would love to know of others. The Scrabble ipad version is terrible!

Thanks

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Words With Friends is pretty cool! Similar to Scrabble though... I believe there are several players here on the forum too.

Chiky

OP
G

GMY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for suggestion but I am more interested in playing against the iPad than against other users. Will carry on searching!

MFVirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Word Solitaire. It is a truly fantastic game (and I have no connection wtih the developer, other than that I played all 250 levels of the game and loved it). You get get about 10 levels for free and then buy the rest if you like it. I can't post a link yet, but just search "Word Solitaire" in the app store or on google.

Zozette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GMY said:
Hi. Does anyone have any ideas of good word games on the Ipad 2? I like nice slow games. Have Befuddled, which I love, but would love to know of others. The Scrabble ipad version is terrible!

Thanks

You could try Moxie 2, Wordology and WordUp. Of these I like Moxie 2 the most and it is untimed.

OP
G

GMY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Word Solitaire. It is a truly fantastic game (and I have no connection wtih the developer, other than that I played all 250 levels of the game and loved it). You get get about 10 levels for free and then buy the rest if you like it. I can't post a link yet, but just search "Word Solitaire" in the app store or on google.

Thanks for this. Had already found Word Solitaire. Like you, I loved it. Have done all 250 levels. If you find anything else like this, please add to this link. Cheers.

OP
G

GMY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GMY said:

Thanks

You could try Moxie 2, Wordology and WordUp. Of these I like Moxie 2 the most and it is untimed.

Have taken your suggestion and tried Moxie 2. I also like it. Not sure about WordUp. Also tried Wurdle but didn't get on with it. Any more suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GMY said:

Thanks

Whirly Word and Jumbline are good word games. They are the type that you unscramble the letters to find all the words. Seven Little Words is very good and have you tried Letris it's like the tetris game but with letters. Jangle is a new one out now, its a timed game but good. I'm a tad addicted to Words with Friends and Whirly Word and Jumbline will teach you a lot of words for this game. Enjoy

LogicNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you try Unolingo -- best new puzzle since Sudoku. I understand it is available on all Apple and Android devices including NOOK and Kindle Fire. They offer hundreds of puzzles that will keep your mind boggled for hours.

Bracken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puzzlejuice is one that has got me hooked. It's not a straight word game, but has elements of tetris and a word search mixed. It is pretty challenging and nerve racking. Like leelai said, seven little words is great. Thank god they put in a free puzzle a day, the in app purchases add up quicker than you'd think.

aaron97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm enjoying Crossword Painter at the moment. It's not a crossword game in the traditional sense, but rather crossword style clues that, when solved, each gives you a color to apply to the picture (which starts as a blank canvas).

PIngels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a new word game out called Wordary that's really unique and fun to play.

Reminder - Rule 13 No external links or email addresses will be posted in thread titles. Posting links to products or services is allowed, as long as it is relevant to the conversation, enhances the discussion within the thread, and does not promote your personal web site, domain, service, company, business or another iPad forum. Administrators and moderators reserve the right to delete any inappropriate or excessive links. However, if you are the developer, owner or are otherwise affiliated with the product or service, web site, etc., you may not post links per rule #7. Please review all our forum rules here

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quarrel Deluxe - Word game mixed with strategy, play with an A.I. or online with some friends or against the world.

Most reactions

Latest posts