What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

woops dropped my iPad on cement

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
was out on the front porch last night and while a friend of mine was handing my iPad back to me I accidentally dropped it several feet down on hard cement, oooops! I thought there would be a good chance of damage but turns out there was just a tiny scratch on the lower left corner, thank goodness!! Guess the iPad is quite durable afterall

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brrrrrrrrrr! Shivers. That's a nightmare to me, so much that my iPad hardly leaves its folio case because it doesn't slip in one's hands...

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
was out on the front porch last night and while a friend of mine was handing my iPad back to me I accidentally dropped it several feet down on hard cement, oooops! I thought there would be a good chance of damage but turns out there was just a tiny scratch on the lower left corner, thank goodness!! Guess the iPad is quite durable afterall

Question, was it in a case or a skin, or was it naked? I keep mine in a Street Skin, which gives it a bit more to hold onto and a little protection in case it falls.

Glad to here it's still working. I can't imagine what I would do if mine fell and I was without for a few days till I could get another.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard a thud on the tile floor soon after my daughter asked to use it.she tried to put it up on counter and failed . Not a scratch. She was petrified though.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard a thud on the tile floor soon after my daughter asked to use it.she tried to put it up on counter and failed . Not a scratch. She was petrified though.
Good thing your iPad wasn't damaged! iPads are hard to come by, but you can always make more children!

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Obviously it didn't land on the glass. Since there aren't any moving parts low impact isn't a problem with the device.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She was petrified though.

Oh I just bet she was, Doc.! Poor thing! How old is she? I just dropped mine a minutes ago, on hardwood floor. It is in a case, though, but landed on the end. It was so loud!

All the way down, I was like "OMG, OMG!"

it seems fine though. I am glad that yours is okay!

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife was pissed at me and threw mine across the bedroom. It was in it's case so nothing happened. If it broke I was going to devorce court!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the ad -- (I added the underlined part)
If you have invested nearly $1,000 in your new Apple iPad you may want to consider spending an extra $9.95 to protect your investment + shipping!.

It looks like a great idea, but I can probably make the exact same thing for a buck or two with stuff from the craft department at Wal-Mart!

"I'm telling you, this is gonna make us rich Alice!"
honeymooners11.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts