What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wondershare Launches DVD/Video to iPad Converter

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wondershare.JPG

Chinese company Wondershare has come up with a program for those who want to convert their DVDs and videos into an iPad-friendly format. According to Wondershare’s press release, it takes just three simple clicks to convert your DVD or video – all you have to do is input your video/DVD, choose the iPad supported format, then output your video/DVD.

The converter’s tools enable you to input HD video sources and get almost the same HD effects on the iPad screen, as well as supporting editing to create your own iPad videos, with available functions including trimming video clips, editing subtitles and adding watermarks. You can also extract audio from DVDs or videos to the iPad-supported formats.

“Wondershare iPad tools aim at providing users with the easiest way to move contents between devices,†says Wu Taibing, CEO of Wondershare Software. “Wondershare iPad Converter and DVD to iPad Converter are especially designed for Apple’s new tablet. Our research personnel take much of the guesswork out of preparing your DVDs and videos for the best movie experience on the iPad. After getting the iPad, they made enhancements to both iPad tools again.â€

Find out more here: Wondershare DVD to iPad Converter ? Convert DVD to iPad video, Watch DVD on iPad

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, I can pop in my bluray disc into my PC and this program will copy it to my iPad? How does it bypass the copy protection?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, I can pop in my bluray disc into my PC and this program will copy it to my iPad? How does it bypass the copy protection?

I'm guessing same as Handbrake and Mac the Ripper and same as many other ripping apps. You are legally allowed to have the movie you paid for in any form you choose. You paid for the content, not the container.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm guessing same as Handbrake and Mac the Ripper and same as many other ripping apps. You are legally allowed to have the movie you paid for in any form you choose. You paid for the content, not the container.

Oh ok so you don't need any additional software to bypass the protection with handbrake. I didn't know that. I'll have to try it as soon as I get my 3G then.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, I ordered this and tried to convert my newly arrived Avatar dvd. It failed 4% into the conversion and requested that I send log files to support. It says that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. They are on the clock to get it fixed.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Software made in China

well, I ordered this and tried to convert my newly arrived Avatar dvd. It failed 4% into the conversion and requested that I send log files to support. It says that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. They are on the clock to get it fixed.

Nothing un-normal it’s a chinese software company … but for the money-back that will be the same they will also have a bug for refund you :D

Handbrake do it well and for free …. why need to buy software from China, witch i bet 70% of the code are stolen from other software ??

gjrhine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked very well on a 1080p mkv that it converted to a 720p file using the iPad profile. Every video format you can think of is listed on the input screen. I use AnyDVD HD for for Blu-ray so I am going to try a m2ts file next.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet this will not work with the Avatar Blu-ray I purchased today. AnyDVD HD has not bypassed the encryption yet.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake no good either

I installed Handbrake as well and it promptly gave me the blue screen of death. Avatar must have one hellava encryption key.

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Occasionally you will find a dvd that handbrake hangs up on (example: Transporter 3) but it may not do it for every user. I haven't found a fix for those few dvds it does give errors on though. Also, for the one who asked, you DO indeed need a decrypter to make videos from copy-protected dvds.

Most reactions