What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows media player on iPad?

Sgl9x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, first time posting or visiting

Is there an app that will allow me to stream windows media player on the iPad or a remote desktop app that will support audio/video streaming from a windows computer that is fast enough to prevent freezing or pausing?

Steve

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air Video...it doesn't use windows media player (but why would you want to) it has it's own server and it is awesome! I stream movies (480p, 720p, and 1080p) over the internet smoothly with no stuttering and so pausing. I have watched many movies using it, works great.

How fast is your upload connection at home and your desktop CPU speed? These will be factors. Upload obviously will affect how high a bitrate you can stream...and CPU speed will determine how well it can handle HD streaming.

OP
S

Sgl9x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Gentlefury

Thanks for responding... I want to log in to a website that only plays WMP movies and shows. Either directly with an app that streams audio and video or indirectly with a remote desktop that's fast enough.

I have heard that some remotes will not stream or only streams video and not audio.

Just don't want to waste time and money on all these different apps.

Will it play directly from the website? You said it has a server, does that mean you have to download the movies there before you can play them?

Edit-
I use a dual core laptop (Dell) at 2 gigahertz... Sometimes I will use it on the road with a wifi or 3G connection. At home I have cable.

Thanks again...

Last edited:
OP
S

Sgl9x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edit-
I use a dual core laptop (Dell) at 2 gigahertz... Sometimes I will use it on the road with a wifi or 3G connection. At home I have cable.

Most reactions

Latest posts