What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows Live not supporting Javascript

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's probably more posts on this somewhere but I'm getting frustrated! Trying to log into my Live/Hotmail account and get the error message saying the browssr doesn't support Javascript - or something similar. Is this another Apple thing like Flash or is there a solution please?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming you're trying to log into your Hotmail account with the Safari browser on your iPad? I have a Hotmail account for development purposes. I just logged in using the Safari browser on my iPad without any issues.
  • Try closing Safari - tap the Home button twice > tap and hold the icon until it starts to jiggle then tap the red circled minus sign in the upper left-hand corner.
  • Clear Safari's cache - Settings App > Safari > Clear History/Clear Cookies and Data.
  • Give it another try.
If that doesn't work you could try restarting and/or resetting your iPad
  • Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Home button on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the power button on the top until the Apple logo appears.
  • Reset the iPad: if restarting the iPad didn't work then you will need to reset the iPad. You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process will take longer than the restart.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

BTW, go The All Blacks! :)

OP
S

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately none of them has worked. The only thing I can't do is to close Safari - the icon jiggles but there doen't seem to be any red minus sign to close it. Any further thoughts? NZ is all a-buzz for this weekend but I wish it had been Wales (so does everyone else except maybe Graham Henry!!!!)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rich

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately none of them has worked. The only thing I can't do is to close Safari - the icon jiggles but there doen't seem to be any red minus sign to close it. Any further thoughts? NZ is all a-buzz for this weekend but I wish it had been Wales (so does everyone else except maybe Graham Henry!!!!)
That's a new one! Only Safari? When you have other apps open can you close them? Did you try resetting the iPad?

I'm glad it's France myself...victory will be that much sweeter. Ha!

OP
S

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right - I think I've solved it! I have gone into the email accounts rather than via Safari and it is working OK that way. All other apps have a black cross to delete tham but Safari doesn't. Hey ho. Big cheer on your behalf on Sunday????

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right - I think I've solved it! I have gone into the email accounts rather than via Safari and it is working OK that way. All other apps have a black cross to delete tham but Safari doesn't. Hey ho. Big cheer on your behalf on Sunday????
Oh...you've mistaken "close" for delete.

You need to press the Home button twice. That will cause the screen to slide up a bit. At the bottom you'll see all of the icons for the apps that are open. It is THERE that you tap and hold an icon. They will all begin to jiggle and a red circle with a minus sign will appear. Touch the red circle on any app and that will shut it down. It's a good idea to do that periodically to free up some of the iPad's memory.

Screen Shot 2011-10-19 at 7.42.09 PM.png

I'll bet if you close and re-open Safari it'll be right again.

Wish we had Dan Carter, but we'll prevail anyway! :)

OP
S

Spindlewoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Understand all that now - thanks. You've lost your bet, though. It's still not liking it but as I am going in via my mail settings it really isn't too much of a hassle. The ABs can manage without desperate Dan. My guess is that Corey Jane will play another blinder, as will Nonu, Weepu, Dagg etc etc!! Does that mean you're a Kiwi????

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is so odd about Safari. I'd try resetting the iPad and the re-syncing with iTunes. The iPad is rarely dodgy. Something's got to set it right.

If Jane has half as many brilliant takes as last week we can't lose. Piri plays better with the flu than most healthy lads and if Sonny Bill keeps his shoulder out of other peoples faces and Ma'a keeps charging there's no stopping them! Still miss Tana and some of the other folks. We might even get to see Graham smile!

No such luck mate, just adopted Kiwis but still a yanks. We had the pleasure of living there (Ngongotaha, Tauranga and Auckland) for a number of years though...still have permanent residence. We'll probably be back one of these days...miss it and our friends a lot. We really, really wanted to see some of the World Cup in person but just couldn't make it happen. We're cheering from the other side of the globe though...you'll probably hear us!

Last edited:

Most reactions