What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WINDOWS Jailbreak For iPhone 4S & iPad 2 RELEASED! Greenpois0n Absinthe 5.0 & 5.0.1

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

WINDOWS iPHONE 4S & iPAD 2 JAILBREAK RELEASED!

The Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1 for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is FINALLY OUT! The NEW Greenpois0n Absinthe Jailbreak was just released and is vey easy to use. The simple process requires you to connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer and just hit the "Jailbreak" button. After it goes through the entire process, you just have to open up the new "Absinthe" application which will appear on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Once it loads completely, your device will reboot and you should have Cydia Installed on your device! That's all there is to it!

Do take note that many people are attempting to Jailbreak currently so you might have to keep trying to access the website and/or application! JUST KEEP TRYING!

Linux Version COMING SOON!

Download Links:
Absinthe v0.2 (Windows) Download Here:
absinthe-win-0.2.zip
Absinthe v0.1.2-2 (Mac) Download Here:
absinthe-mac-0.1.2-2.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Win XP Pro with Service Pack 3 couldn't detect IPAD2 during Jailbreak

Am I doing something wrong?

I was trying the jailbreak on an XP Pro Service Pack 3 & although the computer detected the IPAD2, the jailbreak program didn't ever find the IPAD2.

I have Windows 7 on another computer and will try it. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thank-you,

Starman002

keyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't work for me.

Got stuck at "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while."

It froze and closed itself, now when I launch it it says that the jailbreak previously failed, and it will try to repair it. Then it does, says to unplug and retry. Then I retry and it just says again that the last jailbreak failed, it will try to repair it.

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got stuck in the same loop. I followed what others said and reset my iPad, erasing all content, from within the settings. It worked instantly afterwards.

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what you guys are saying is that this Jailbreak ain't really stable and has a great chance of not working ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. What they are saying is that the jail break injector tool is new and they are trying to use it on multi-differing Windows and Mac set-ups. The complications are many, but are usually solved by a full restore of the iPad.

Once accomplished, AFAIK, the jail break is rock solid and works great.

Marilyn

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if i don't want to re-install my whole iPad2 which seems more than likely, i should better not use any Jailbreak atm. Is that about it ?

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw, what happens if i have a Jailbroken Apple Device and there is a new official Update from Apple ? Do I also have to restore my whole iPad again before I can update officially again ? Might be a n00b question, but I am not that long with iPad, i simply don't know that.
Thanks.

Invincible

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have many apps on my iPad2.
The jailbreak went on flawlessly and I was done in less than 5 minutes!
I use Windows7.
Thanks a lot to everyone working so hard for the jailbreak!

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am checking on Google and I read by a lot of people that it doesn't work and they are stuck, even restore didn't fix the issue for them. It maybe better, especially if someone is not so Apple experienced, like me for example, to wait a while and see how things coming along with these earlie Jailbreaks and wait if there aren't more infos on how to make it work without issues.

I wait.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfseye said:
I am checking on Google and I read by a lot of people that it doesn't work and they are stuck, even restore didn't fix the issue for them. It maybe better, especially if someone is not so Apple experienced, like me for example, to wait a while and see how things coming along with these earlie Jailbreaks and wait if there aren't more infos on how to make it work without issues.

I wait.

A lot of these issues are caused by people not following instructions or listening to people's advice.

I Jailbroke my iPad on my room mates computer (but I forgot to backup) using the CLI tool, worked fine.

Restored from the cloud, then Jailbroke my iPad (again) and my iPhone 4s using the windows tool and again worked flawlessly. the only problem I had was the blank icons, I restored using iTunes and re-Jailbroke again fine (this issue is resolved now by installing a tweak from cydia apparently)

Each time I backuped the iPad then erased all settings and data using the settings (if it's already Jailbroke and you have to restore for any reason do it from iTunes rather than the settings way otherwise it hangs) jailbreaks were all flawless.

gibrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help. How do I remove jailbreak by absinthe from my iPad 2 ? Thanks in advance

kwmdvm2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starman002 said:
Am I doing something wrong?

I was trying the jailbreak on an XP Pro Service Pack 3 & although the computer detected the IPAD2, the jailbreak program didn't ever find the IPAD2.

I have Windows 7 on another computer and will try it. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thank-you,

Starman002

I have not tried the jailbreak yet but the news says the break app only works on OS X and a windows version is it he works. Make sure you are using the correct version.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kwmdvm2 said:
I have not tried the jailbreak yet but the news says the break app only works on OS X and a windows version is it he works. Make sure you are using the correct version.

Hmm, you did read the thread title and the first post.......?

The Archangel

iloco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you having trouble with the GUI version of this jailbreak, do a google search for the command line version. I did it last night in about 7 minutes with no issues at all.

Most reactions