What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Whistle/TextPlus work in Germany?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I get some sort of location spoofer or something? And if so can someone recommend one that works with the iPad?

I am going on this trip to Germany that I have been talking about for a few weeks around here, and want to make sure I will be able to make free calls/send texts to my wife.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
as far as i know, whistle makes free calls TO the US doesn't matter where you are located the calls go over the internet.

same with the texting apps, I don't see why it wouldn't work from anywhere on the internet.

I think the only thing that is blocked via location is that MLB app and thats because they black out countries and cities as far as TV and radio broadcasts go so they do the same via their app.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree...but I thought someone had posted a thread that it would only give them a us number if they were in the states so I thought they might restrict calls as well. I already have an account so setting it up shouldn't be an issue at least.

Most reactions

Latest posts