What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this work?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without a doubt, the battery life on the iPad is terrific! There have been a few posts from people who claim to have been able to watch things like streaming video for much longer than the 10 hour "average" use time.

But I want to take the opposite approach. For shitums (as one of us likes to say!) and giggles, I made a playlist from my library with right around 24 hours of music. It includes all 41 Mozart symphonies, all 9 Beethoven symphonies, 131 of my favorite Beatles songs, 50 of my favorite Steely Dan songs, Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick and some filler stuff.

So here's what I want to do. Shut off the WiFi, start the playlist and put the screen to sleep. The question is, can I play the entire playlist on a single charge?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I vote yes, the battery will last and you will have 31% left.

Edit: my guess is if the volume is set to 25%...if you set it to max, you won't have any battery left.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i say yes also as the one person say turn the volume control down to in the 20.% area and it should last 24 hours..

i have basic 10 sets of play list in which the playlist is a gb of music each of my music i love and will listen to when in the diff moods along with when iam working ..

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So when are you going to do this test? I can't imagine trying to resist the urge to pick up the iPad. Not use it for 24 hours until the music stops playing? Hard to do...

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So when are you going to do this test? I can't imagine trying to resist the urge to pick up the iPad. Not use it for 24 hours until the music stops playing? Hard to do...

Exactly! That was my thought.

You could always buy a second iPad to test this theory out ;)

Also - I saw one reviewer, I can't remember which, say that the iPad could dole out 40ish hours on music playback alone, which seems a bit excessive.

I know that I lose about 10% an hour, give or take, with brightness at half, playing music and using the iPad as a virtual photo frame.

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm.... well I could do this the other way around and just have it play my entire library and see when it stops. Right now I am sitting on 2.7 days, but the problem is that I have to sleep some time so what happens if it quite while I am sleeping???

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without a doubt, the battery life on the iPad is terrific! There have been a few posts from people who claim to have been able to watch things like streaming video for much longer than the 10 hour "average" use time.

But I want to take the opposite approach. For shitums (as one of us likes to say!) and giggles, I made a playlist from my library with right around 24 hours of music. It includes all 41 Mozart symphonies, all 9 Beethoven symphonies, 131 of my favorite Beatles songs, 50 of my favorite Steely Dan songs, Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick and some filler stuff.

So here's what I want to do. Shut off the WiFi, start the playlist and put the screen to sleep. The question is, can I play the entire playlist on a single charge?
Good playlist! Steely Dan's the best and all the rest I like too.

You should set the screen at lowest possible brightness too

OP
I

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the iPod app will play in the background, I was just going to put the iPad to sleep while it was playing and take the screen out of the equation because that is the biggest power drain on the unit.

Most reactions

Latest posts