What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the next iPad have this?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three-axis gyroscope? Whatever the hell that is. My friend told me that it will but didn't have time to elaborate on what it is!

Does not sound all that pleasant.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its on the iPhone4 (which I do not have), but from what I can see, it appears to be a "gaming thing" that will allow you to tilt the iPad to get the mouse to move... I think.

I missed that part of Uncle Steve's presentation --

apple-wwdc10_532-260x172.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there is an accelerometer that kinda sorta does that, but this allows 6 axis sensing and for heavy duty gaming, this is apparently a real biggie!

And please don't ask me to explain what 6 axis sensing is... because I have no idea!

There is a very cool app that uses the accelerometer to track your 0-to-60 time in your car (because us Corvette guys really need to know that kind of stuff!) and it is amazingly accurate!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Currently the accelerometer lets the iPad detect being rotated in either direction - left and right. The 3-axis doohickey does left, right, up, down, and tilts at an angle - it senses the iPad's orientation in 3 dimensions rather than 2.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
Imaging the mouse arrow in the middle of your iPad screen having the iPad laying horizontally in a table. If you want to move the arrow to the top left corner currently you have to tilt your iPad moving the top down until your arrow moves all the way to the top of the screen and then you move down the left side to get the arrow to the corner. With 3 axis all you do is to move down your left top corner.

Most reactions