What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the iPad 2 Section Die Once Everyone Gets Their Hands on "The New iPad"

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 2 section of this forum. Feel like its already slowing down. Any thoughts?? ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

enlightened

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think it will. Plenty of people have an iPad 2 and are not upgrading and some new people will opt for the iPad 2 over the new iPad since it's $100 cheaper.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
enlightened said:
Don't think it will. Plenty of people have an iPad 2 and are not upgrading and some new people will opt for the iPad 2 over the new iPad since it's $100 cheaper.

Good!!! I need someone to talk to since I will be keeping my iPad 2 ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Judging by the number of people who are selling their 2 in favor of the new one, I'd say it will get even busier.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
The iPad 2 section of this forum. Feel like its already slowing down. Any thoughts?? ;)

No because there is a IPad 1 forum which I like because that is the version that I own,

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think we have a problem. Plenty of people will be here. I am keeping my ipad 2

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wizee said:
I don't think we have a problem. Plenty of people will be here. I am keeping my ipad 2

Good, good, glad to hear it!!!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only read current and news. Seldom just have iPad 2 convos. Maybe I should since I may be holding on til summer. Maybe.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 1 section is still going even. Some slow down on this one, sure, maybe a little, but I am sure it will still be rolling, not to mention the general discussion that applies to all.
I think a lot more 2 owners may hold out. Sure the retina display and faster processor, better camera are quite nice, but for me, I don't use the camera on my iPad 2 anyway, the processor is excellent, and I quite like the display just fine. I also think the iPad 1 is still quite fast enough too, and continue to use that to surf every few days. Until 3 weeks ago, I was merrily rolling along with my 1. I just got the 2, so I'm not going anywhere.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zorah said:
The iPad 1 section is still going even. Some slow down on this one, sure, maybe a little, but I am sure it will still be rolling, not to mention the general discussion that applies to all.
I think a lot more 2 owners may hold out. Sure the retina display and faster processor, better camera are quite nice, but for me, I don't use the camera on my iPad 2 anyway, the processor is excellent, and I quite like the display just fine. I also think the iPad 1 is still quite fast enough too, and continue to use that to surf every few days. Until 3 weeks ago, I was merrily rolling along with my 1. I just got the 2, so I'm not going anywhere.

Yay!!! Glad to have you!!!

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When will they change the name of the iPad3 forum to the 'New iPad' forum. And I am waiting for the 'Newer iPad' forum, then the 'Newest iPad' forum, then the 'iPad to the 6th power', '7th power'... adinfinitum.

princessbing1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess we are not part of the "sheep" as people are calling everyone who are waiting in lines for the new iPad or buying the "new" iPad. :) It is not important to me to have the latest technology, especially when Apple will be coming out with another iPad in the near future.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMHO an iPad is an iPad. Some just have different features, that's all. I had the original iPad, upgraded to the iPad2 and while having more memory and better resolution would be nice, I think I'll pass on the 3. So I'll be around in all the 3 threads.

No iPad2 thread will be around for quite some time.

Most reactions

Latest posts