What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi

dariad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but........I have an IP2 without a SIM card. I will be vacationing in an apartment with free WiFi. I do not really understand how WiFi works, so my question is: will I be able to access the Internet from my iPad? Even if I do not have a SIM card?
Thank you for your help.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A SIM card is for 3G, not wifi. Yes, you'll be able to access wifi without a SIM card. If the wifi setup is locked, you'll need the password.

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The SIM card is only needed for cellular reception. Every iPad has a wifi radio built into it. If the wifi network is password protected you will need the password to connect to it. Go to settings>wifi to connect to the wifi network.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

dariad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Thank you for the quick responses. I think I understand a bit better now. I assume the same info goes for my iPhone4 as well. I can get at apps WITHOUT incurring roaming or data charges if I'm connected to WiFi?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I assume the same info goes for my iPhone4 as well. I can get at apps WITHOUT incurring roaming or data charges if I'm connected to WiFi?

Yes. As long as your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network it will use that instead of your cell phone plan for most services. Exceptions are phone specific features and applications, like phone calls and SMS texting.

Most reactions

Latest posts