What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi vs 3G

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If both wefi and cellular (3G on Verizon) are active, and the iPad2 goes to access the internet, send email, etc., through which connection would it go? Does one take priority over the other??

Thanks

Reaction score
Wifi takes priority over 3g. If you don't need both on, turning the one you don't need will help with battery life, especially if you have a weak 3g signal

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't need both on, turning the one you don't need will help with battery life, especially if you have a weak 3g signal

I didn't know this. What would cause a weak wifi signal? In a different room? Lately ~ my ipad is so freakin slow in my room, only.

Normally my iPad is as fast as my computer ~ which is very fast! But lately, only in my bed room it is pissing me off.:mad:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sweet Poison, I take my Ipad to bed to read at night. My router (old Linksys) is upstairs and this is a big old over 100 year old house with thickish walls. I notice in the morning (yes, check my mail and weather before I actually get dressed LOL) that my wifi signal is often just one bar. As I walk through the house it jumps back up to 3. My signal is pretty strong generally--can pick it up at our pool a bit of distance from the house or in my studio, also a distance. I think maybe the walls, ceilings--and some distance, affect the signal in my bedroom.

Diane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sweet Poison, I take my Ipad to bed to read at night. My router (old Linksys) is upstairs and this is a big old over 100 year old house with thickish walls. I notice in the morning (yes, check my mail and weather before I actually get dressed LOL) that my wifi signal is often just one bar. As I walk through the house it jumps back up to 3. My signal is pretty strong generally--can pick it up at our pool a bit of distance from the house or in my studio, also a distance. I think maybe the walls, ceilings--and some distance, affect the signal in my bedroom.

Diane

Going upstairs probably has an effect too. Most WiFi antennas are designed to concentrate the signal horizontally. Going above or below the router will reduce your signal strength more quickly than moving further away at the same hight.

Most reactions

Latest posts