What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi-Sync

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
found it last week in Cydia.....just had the time now to give it a try.

It costs $5 but works like a dream. Just install the Cydia app, download the desktop piece and take both devices (yes, iPhone, iPod Touch as well) on the same wireless network and start the iPad app.

Now start iTunes, et voilá, the iPad shows up in the list and you can do the full operation from iTunes, just as if you would have connected the iPad via 30pin-cable.
:D

louee6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually this app has been out for a little bit now and I think its one of the best apps you can utilize!!!

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. It's easy to do that tho. You should go do it

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine syncing 64GB worth of crap over WiFI...

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is that a ridiculous user? Most of my storage space is movies and TV shows. What am I going to do, watch the same movies and shows over and over and over again?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, that's not even 50 movies, depending on your encode settings. So once a month if I am traveling a lot, I might resync most of my movies. My wife has had hers for about a month and she's getting ready to go on a trip to Kazakhstan and so we resync'd almost her entire video collection.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, that's not even 50 movies, depending on your encode settings. So once a month if I am traveling a lot, I might resync most of my movies. My wife has had hers for about a month and she's getting ready to go on a trip to Kazakhstan and so we resync'd almost her entire video collection.

Ahhh ok. I guess it depends what type of user you are. I'm downloading apps from Installous all day personally....which aren't that large. So wirelessly syncing would be beneficial for me :) .

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean, I have a trip to Germany coming up from Tuscon, AZ to Denver to Chicago and THEN an 8.5 hour flight from Chicago to Munich. Then on the way back I have a 12.5 hour flight from Munich to LA and then LA to Tucson is another hour or so. Assuming I didn't watch a single video on my trip in Germany or transfer a single picture to the device, that's roughly 60% of my video collection right there.

Most reactions

Latest posts