What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi signal booster help

Woodwitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I saw this on the Daily Steal today and would like to ask the folks here if this would work on the iPad. It is a wifi booster.

New Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g High Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi Network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna - Strongest on the Market

Low Price!

Thanks for your help.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume your problem is that you have a router that is some distance from where you are. Unfortunately one can not plug in a USB adapter wifi booster into the iPad.

aztecrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi booster

Could you use a USB extension cable (male/female) to plug a wifi booster into?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experience, the wifi boosters do not work enough to justify the cost. If it possible move up to an ultra N router.

Cmeaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Signal booster

I need to boost the 3G signal on the ipad2. Anybody know if there is something out there that will work

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cmeaux said:
I need to boost the 3G signal on the ipad2. Anybody know if there is something out there that will work

Yes there some. Google it and see what you get.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newest PC World magazine has an article about cell boosters. Might want to get a copy.

Cmeaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I will look up the article. I have Verizon. I am trying to get the signal while traveling and passing through areas of very little coverage. I need some thing to help when the signal is very low or almost non-existant

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cmeaux said:
Thanks I will look up the article. I have Verizon. I am trying to get the signal while traveling and passing through areas of very little coverage. I need some thing to help when the signal is very low or almost non-existant

Not sure these devices will work for travel. I think they require an outlet for power. Sorry to say, but I doubt there is anything to do what you want. That is the curse of non-seamless coverage.

bukzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure these devices will work for travel. I think they require an outlet for power. Sorry to say, but I doubt there is anything to do what you want. That is the curse of non-seamless coverage.

I have the Alfa unit mentioned. It has a standard USB plug which needs to connect to your ipad/laptop/whatever.

I have used mine with my Windows desktop and a Windows netbook. It works very well, think I paid under $20 for it.

Question, I know I can buy the Apple camera kit to give me a USB connection to my ipad2 but what about an off-brand?
Anyone had good luck with one of these?

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts