What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Analyzer app?

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app for my Android phone called WiFi Analyzer, which displays all the nearby WiFi routers/hotspots, and graphically compares signal strength, channel, etc.

Is there such an app for the iPad?

Thanks!

OP
T

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have "Free WiFi Finder" on my iPad and the iPhone. It does not (or I can not find a way to make it) display active WiFi signals nor any details about them in the area near me. (And I know there are some, because I'm using one right now).

What it does is go out over the Internet and display WiFi sources - that have been registered with that apps service - in the area that shows on the map that is displayed.

Additionally the program is buggy on iOS 5. For me, the WiFi hotspot info panel retracts off the screen to the right and will not come back.

I don't know what is the difference between the two related programs, WiFi Finder and Free WiFi Finder. They are both FREE on the AppStore.

If anyone has any other suggestions for an app that actually detects and displays information about WiFi signals that the iPad (or iPhone) are near enough to detect and utilize, that would be great. I think we all know that the iDevices don't do a very good job of this in the Network Settings Panel.

To be clear... I am not interested in trying to usurp someone else's net connections for free or without their express permission.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't find the posts until after I posted my question.

Lesson learned.

Yes, I see that now. No worries and hope that you can find what you were looking for.

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
There were a few of these available, but Apple has banned them in recent times. The 2 or 3 I had that displayed normal residential wifi info no longer work and have stopped development. (and don't even appear in my past purchased list)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts