What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widgets are Twice as Nice

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The new two column widget view while in landscape is a great improvement. At least I think so. Now I can see and use my Fantastical and pCalc widgets at the same time.

image.png

Used the slideover to post this, again. It's making me really look forward sideview and an iPad Pro.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very nice! How are you getting 2 column widgets? (I haven't updated to 9 yet)

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As dhewson says, it's automatic. When you choose Edit, there are now two lists, so you can choose which widgets go in each column.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442697960.180838.jpg

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.png

Today Remote controls iTunes on my Mac. iLauncher is easier and faster than the app switcher. TinyCalc is all the calculator
I need...and reminds me more than a little of Borland Sidekick circa 1984.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is tiny calc snappy or does it lag a bit? I found a calc for slide over that lags too much to be usable. Can't wait till my calc app devs support slide over!

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reading here about widgets I tried iLauncher and I see that if you have more than a lines worth, the wrap around either trims a launcher icon on the right handed end or hides it completely. This is on my iPad Air 2 and with 9.02, so it may be different on other combinations.

I emailed the author, but no response. So is there anyway to add a line break, which would appear to be the simplest solution? (Btw, adjusting the slider only helps if you have less than a lines worth.)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think iLauncher limits you to 7 or 8, depending upon portrait or landscape, with no way to add a second line of app buttons. In 9.0.2, I can no longer edit my launcher--the app shows a blue launch screen for awhile, then apparently crashes. Perhaps I'll try deleting and reinstalling it.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks LannyC.

I have 17 apps, in two rows of 8 showing when I pull down the notification tab. App number 9 does not show up in the notification tab but is there in the iLauncher app set up/ edit.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well...deleting and reinstalling iLauncher was a disaster. iLauncher seems hopeless for me now.

But I installed SLauncher; it wraps icons properly, has a greater size adjustment range, many more features, and it's free. Give it a try.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
>>Well...deleting and reinstalling iLauncher was a disaster.
Oh dear; sorry; that wouldn't have happened but for my query.

Will try SLauncher as soon as I get my hands back on my iPad. (My wife has just settled down to use it...)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks again LannyC. Retrieved my iPad and installed S Launcher. Almost the same as iLauncher, but a definite improvement. iLauncher now retired.

Most reactions