What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Apple Tablet won't named the iPad.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-article1.png

Ever since we got word from the major Apple media sites reporting the Apple Tablet could be named the iPad, it had me scratching my head wondering if this was true. Reading comments from most blogs the name wasn't the most favorable choice by many and the iPad jokes started pouring in.

Doing a little research of my own last night I went to iPad.com just to see what was currently active. A title and two login boxes are the only things that comes up. Hmmmm. A quick whois lookup on the domain doesn't provide any help either, time for the next step.

ipad.com-links.jpg

After a quick check of the html source I noticed two links located within the footer:
<a href="http://www.ladown.com">ÂäÎéÃÂÔØ</a> <a href="http://www.li21.cn">Ãö¹ÃøµçÓ°</a>
After a quick google translation the title for the first link: Backward Download Station - available at home and abroad the latest freeware, shareware, video conversion software and audio conversion software, green software, casual games, owners of information, software, information, learning tutorial!

The second title translates into: Network TV potatoes - potatoes, watching TV Network Online Tudou Tudou movies movies movies fast broadcast ethics - Tudou movies, watching TV shows online Tudou, Tudou movies, potatoes, network, network television potatoes, quick broadcast, ethics, film

We are within days of an announcement from Apple that should cause a tablet explosion this year. I think by now Apple would point the domain into cyberspace or have nothing on the site at all like iSlate.com (hint, hint).

What could this possibly mean? Well, conspiracy theorists among us seem to think that Apple may just be deciding to use the iPad name on a future product. A theory we are kicking around is that the full size tablet will be revealed at the next event, but that Apple will be releasing a smaller model in the future and reserving the iPad name for that product.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Luckly i havent bought the iphone yet. I have been saving up money for it, but this seems a whole lot better.

Last edited:
OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This new device is going to rock, period.

3 more days and we should know more, until then we'll keep trying to dig up everything we can!

Most reactions