What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you prefer iPad to iphone?

sweetcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I choose iPad because of its bigger screen ~ it makes my eyes less weary:) how about you?

ziaudeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, iPad is gaming haven

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer one over the other only depending on use.

I like my iPads' screen size for surfing and movies, but they can be too big and bulky on the go. I use my iPhone 4S (unlocked) when I travel overseas now, because I switched to an Android phone for regular use. I like the 4S because it's easier to hold for taking photos, which I take much more often while traveling. I'd feel like a doofus trying to take photos with an iPad, because of its size, but also because of its poor-quality camera.

For everyday use on the go, my 5" Samsung Galaxy Note phablet fits nicely in between -- decent screen size, but still fits in my purses or many of my pockets.

It's great to have choices, and I find no reason to pick one over the other as my favorite. I just pick the right tool for whatever the job is.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Because I don' need no steenking cell phone.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy on the eyes.
I have no desire to use the interwebz on something the size of a postcard. I wouldn't be interested in anything smaller than the iPad.

SeanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is an awesome product that is the best in the industry and is a joy to use. The iPhone is dated, way behind the times, doesn't hold a candle to my SGS3.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have an IPhone, my husband does. I have a basic cell because I use a phone very little and I use an m4/3 camera with interchangeable lenses for photography. My Ipad 1 was wifi only but my Ipad 3 has LTE and I love it. I have a 1GB and rarely use more than 1/2 of it since we have wifi everywhere here but I can Imessage my husband and friends from Ipad which I always carry in a Rickshaw Ipad bag. Both of us prefer doing everything but photo on our Ipads (he uses his Iphone for his own casual shooting) because of the size. He does use his Iphone some for checking email but he answers (generally) on Ipad, does everything else on it. Size is the difference. I also have a Touch and knew when the Ipad 1 came out that's what I wanted--and its exceeded everything I thought I would do with it.

Not sure how he'll feel about the mini as he will need to upgrade maybe this next year from 1 since he has the Iphone 4s. I'll stick with the full size. Love it for GPS and Google map (how will the Apple version compete??) when traveling, I video edit, use for photo gallery, use for Windows Office to read and change, use Notability and Goodreader a lot and annotate PDFs and more. I would not do this on an Iphone.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't.

I prefer the device I'm using at the time - and I'm using it for the simplicity and ease of use. Generally, I use the iPad for browsing the web, reading news and RSS feeds and for being on this forum. I use the iPhone to play games (Draw Something and Words With Friends being the main ones right now), check twitter feeds and check Facebook statuses/updates. And, generally, I don't mix the activities (e.g. I don't check Facebook on the iPad or don't read RSS feeds on the phone).

But, while I am on this forum, if I have a question I want to research, I use the iPhone so I don't have to get out of the app on the iPad. I can do research and check facts with the iPhone without missing a beat on the iPad. That's just one example for when I'll use the iPhone while actively using the iPad - or vice versa.

As was said - the question assumes I prefer one over the other, but it's not that for me. I'm just glad I have both and they work great TOGETHER.

Marilyn

ziaudeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is an awesome product that is the best in the industry and is a joy to use. The iPhone is dated, way behind the times, doesn't hold a candle to my SGS3.

Yeah Iphone is an an ancient phone when compared with S3, or htc one x.. Now that's a sexy piece of tech. Wait till iPhone 5 comes, but if it comes with nothing visually great then I feel really sorry for its 4S if they decide to cal its 4SGS. Great".....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I don't.

I prefer the device I'm using at the time - and I'm using it for the simplicity and ease of use. Generally, I use the iPad for browsing the web, reading news and RSS feeds and for being on this forum. I use the iPhone to play games (Draw Something and Words With Friends being the main ones right now), check twitter feeds and check Facebook statuses/updates. And, generally, I don't mix the activities (e.g. I don't check Facebook on the iPad or don't read RSS feeds on the phone).

But, while I am on this forum, if I have a question I want to research, I use the iPhone so I don't have to get out of the app on the iPad. I can do research and check facts with the iPhone without missing a beat on the iPad. That's just one example for when I'll use the iPhone while actively using the iPad - or vice versa.

As was said - the question assumes I prefer one over the other, but it's not that for me. I'm just glad I have both and they work great TOGETHER.

Marilyn

Marilyn, I do exactly the same thing when on these forums with my iPad. I've often used my iPhone to research a question or add photos to one post while monitoring another thread on my iPad. Having both devices is certainly convenient.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got to be iPad for me - I have had and since sold my iPhones including 4s as I did not enjoy using them.

Most reactions

Latest posts