What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are you not jailbreaking?

Why are you not jailbreaking?

• I am nervous about its complexity.

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Because it is against Apple's TOC and affects warranty.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I think it is immoral.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not know what are advantages after jailbreak.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • I have already jailbroken.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I am not interested in jail breaking

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because I would rather Apple spend their resources on new features and not on how to block jail breakers.

Your posted was edited ~ Stay on topic please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not jail breaking because most of the apps available through jailbreak only provide cosmetic changes. I am not much of a fan of that.
Another reason is the exposure to viruses when you jail break.
There is the warranty issue if your iPad is bricked.
There s no real flash alternative, the only thing I am missing.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another reason is the exposure to viruses when you jail break.

There is the warranty issue if your iPad is bricked.

So not true. Ipad has no viruses, JB or not. You can not brick your iPad. IF JB messes up, you restore and Apple never knows the difference.

Might want to do some reading?

OP
M

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS is nothing but Debian Linux inside. Unix of its own is very secure. The only way malicious code can execute on ipad if it knows root password (which is same by default for all ipads).

Jailbreak using jailbreakme.com is dead easy. You simply install an app and it is done! It takes less than what I took to type this paragraph.

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking will void your warranty. Apple will not accept your unit once found to be jailbroken.

Sorry Nelson! My mistake!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One option that's missing from the poll is 'I am happy with my iPad the way it is'. That's me....

Tim

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
One option that's missing from the poll is 'I am happy with my iPad the way it is'. That's me....

Tim
Same here. My Atrix is rooted as was my SE prior to that but I have no interest in JBing my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:
iOS is nothing but Debian Linux inside. Unix of its own is very secure. The only way malicious code can execute on ipad if it knows root password (which is same by default for all ipads).

Jailbreak using jailbreakme.com is dead easy. You simply install an app and it is done! It takes less than what I took to type this paragraph.

That's absolute right. So PEOPLE pls ALL change your root passwords once you get ur new toys!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with Tim. Can't be bothered.

I already provide enough free technical support to friends and family.
If it ain't broke don't......

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple answer: Aside from thinking your iPad looks cool because you used a theme that SOMEONE ELSE created, there's really no benefit to jailbreaking iPads for the vast majority of users. 95% of people jb because they want to theme the OS and they think it makes them a hacker.

I jail broke my first iPad and after a month, I realized that it was pointless and I got tired of apps crashing due to the JB. I restored and won't jailbreak my iPad 2 for those reasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts