What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Ally Level Matters

Mongo2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too was about to make the "why do you care what level I am" to the restricted ally invites. Then I got to thinking....

You can only count 5 allies per level, right?

So I'm guessing by the time you get to level XXX you have more allies than you can use in the levels around and below you, based on sheer percentages of players?

But your allies are always changing levels, so it can never hurt, it just might not help if you've got 74 allies on that level already?

Having too many allies may not be as bad as not having enough, but it is still a problem. You get "upgraded" to the target list of heavier hitters. I'm learning to check the rival lists for these "fast burners", some of them are easier pickings than the guys alongside or below my ally level.

Right?

charliechalk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By "fast burners" do you mean people who have added loads of allies (1000+) and always had a guaranteed maximum of allies available per fight? I had never considered targeting such people as potential easy pickings.

Is there any correlation between our level and the levels of our allies? So if I'm on level 51 and all my allies are level 80 or above then I am hindering myself at all?

There are so many strange little aspects to this game... sometimes it feels a bit like trying to work out the plot in Lost!

OP
M

Mongo2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Charlie, welcome to the game, you remind me of me, about a month ago....

RE allies, you can only count 5 allies per level. Each "countable" ally allows you to bring 4 of YOUR units. I believe excess allies beyond 5/lvl still show on your ally count, but in battle you won't get units for them. So if you have 12 lvl 80 allies you will only get 20 units for them in battle.

This leads to the obvious conclusion that you want your allies SPREAD across all ranks. IMO as you advance the challenge is in finding LOW lvl allies, ie I have tons of allies who advanced with me in the game. My advice, be more inclusive in your ally criteria, I see no benefit to excluding below lvl 80, or any lvl for that matter. I think I have a "normal" ally level (lvl 65 260 allies) and find it challenging to maintain enough units to bring my allotment to battle. So there is arguably a benefit to going "slow and steady" on the ally count, except it will be a recurring goal and you get some decent cash for hitting the levels they assign to you.

The ally relationship is pure arithmetic. It cracks me up when I see people who say "join me I am really strong" or "together we can rule" or "KillaBabe you look hot please be my ally." Not to disparage any bond I may feel with my allies or vice versa, it is purely checking a box that allows you to use YOUR units. Doesn't matter if your ally is lvl 7 or 97. And this is what I mean by "fast burners" in ally count- I carefully go through my rival list and check all targets, regardless of lvl or ally #. You can find folks w/100 allies and 20K Atk and you can also find folks w/300 allies and 2K Atk. Do the homework and pick targets you will beat with a reward that justifies any losses.

Camii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day to you both,
As far as I have seen in the game the lvl of your ally has no effect on you as a player other than those 4 units and that is based on your lvl time 5 allies you can add per lvl. In my opinion, becoming a "Fast Burner" is acutally a plus!
1... the game is time based so what else do you have to do.
2... You are rewared with exp & cash for having certain numbers of allies. (Why not score the points and cash while you wait)
3... the game matches you up (in my experience) to people of the same lvl then by ally number. I am maxed on alies and am a lvl 143. But I get to raid people from lvl 141 - 149 with max lvl allies to less than max.
So in my games I add everyone, from lvl 2 to 222 they are all allies to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts