What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's still sticking with the original iPad?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe what is meant is the street address line(s)? Of course, you can add email addresses; However, the street address line(s) might not be included.

Of course you can add street addresses to every iPad model. It would crazy not to be able to.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadclassic said:
Maybe what is meant is the street address line(s)? Of course, you can add email addresses; However, the street address line(s) might not be included.

That's what I meant, the street address lines are missing. The first generation operating on 5.0.1 still has those lines . Thank goodness .

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I meant, the street address lines are missing. The first generation operating on 5.0.1 still has those lines . Thank goodness .

Don't know why you think other generations of iPads don't let you add addresses, but they all do.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've still got my iPad 1.. I got it when they first came out.

My main uses for the pad are mobile internet browsing, GPS navigation, showing off photos to friends, and playing music from my song library and from internet radio.. The iPad one does all these things and except for the photo resolution of the retina display there is no real advantage to buying a newer iPad. I'll keep my iPad 1 until it dies and then I'll get the latest model.

sonico74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My good old iPad 1 is still working great, but I don't use it a lot no more as I find it heavy and quite slow now. I keep it for the kids who have a lot of fun playing with it.

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi..came to this link late....

I got my ipad 1 second hand thru the internet coz I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount on the ipad 2 or ipad 3 and it is great. The only regret is not having cameras for skype etc...but I use my Touch to do that. I have just been on holiday for two weeks and downloaded 3 different TV series, 6 films and 6 books....fantastic. True, in full sun the picture isn't brilliant..but its watchable.
I love it and will use it until it goes to that great Apple site in the sky.

mantarkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi..came to this link late....

I got my ipad 1 second hand thru the internet coz I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount on the ipad 2 or ipad 3 and it is great. The only regret is not having cameras for skype etc...but I use my Touch to do that. I have just been on holiday for two weeks and downloaded 3 different TV series, 6 films and 6 books....fantastic. True, in full sun the picture isn't brilliant..but its watchable.
I love it and will use it until it goes to that great Apple site in the sky.

Have you tried using anti-glare screen protectors? not only it cuts down on the glare but the matte texture helps your fingers move across the screen smoothly.

David C.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my original ipad about a wk ago. I first had my ipad 2 then i sold it. I bought ipad 3 then after 6 mos i bought ipad 1. I love the classic look and feel. I still keep my ipad 3 though.

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just sold my 1st gen and purchased a Mini for my birthday. I actually like this size. I figured after 2.5 years, it was time to move on to something else.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my original ipad about a wk ago. I first had my ipad 2 then i sold it. I bought ipad 3 then after 6 mos i bought ipad 1. I love the classic look and feel. I still keep my ipad 3 though.

You prefer the grainier screen on iPad 1?

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 1, 2 and mini have the same screen resolution 1024 x 768 so there's not much of a difference. Their all grainy.

Most reactions

Latest posts