What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's still sticking with the original iPad?

Deanp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still using the original iPad as my main iPad. Works rock solid - Facebook, web, forums, music and email. Retina display is nice, but it's way too nice for me and the display on the original is good enough for me.

D

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have kept my one because I love it . I belong to a group that has new iPad purchasers. They maybe any generation . I bought the 3 & use it daily. Then the mini for when out & about. Using all 3 helps to see what is different & aides me helping others . Believe it or not there are differences I consider them all to be priceless. Have no desire for the 4 but perhaps a newer generation in the years ahead.

razputin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still using my 1st gen but mostly for comics and magazines. With the recent removal of the ac3 codec from most iOS video players like OPlayerHD lite, I found one free one that still supports ac3 (CineXPlayerHD) but the video chugs in this player so I may have to upgrade to a 4th gen just for better video playback performance.

iPadclassic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I still have an iPad 1 that my Uncle gave to me when it was brand new. I still remember it like it was the day I unwrapped it. It was so special. I took perfect care of it for the most part. The protection for mine comes from the leather case that completely surrounds it. So, although it looks worn out, you can tell it still looks like new when the case is removed. Anyways, I still use it daily for listening to music donated from my family. Together it is like 200 to 300 CDs. I also use it to talk to my mother replacing my cell phone. Whislephone gives you 1.6 cents a minute with good clarity at the moment. Hope it stays that way and never degrades in clarity. Sometimes I have to talk for like 20 or 30 minutes with the tech dude.

manethrall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad and as long as it does what I need I will keep it.

I use mine mainly as a photograph viewer when I am out and about, and as an ebook reader, play movies on it when not in front of the TV, the odd game usually a solitaire type game, web browser when out and about and emails, I also do some minor cad work on it.

regards Kevin

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have original iPad but getting fed up with it. It can't even open pdfs of size 4mb quickly. My android phone does it a lot quicker.

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh BTW to any of you with an iPad 1 in good condition and that's just collecting dust, I have $50 with your name on it. I'll even pay Shipping ;)

David C.

If its sold online to those trash collection/electronics recycle companies, they give $250.

Hue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sticked with it until they announced iOS6 won't run on it.
Now bought a mini. :)

cingroom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my original iPad and don't see a reason to change. I can use my iPhone for FaceTime!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cingroom said:
Love my original iPad and don't see a reason to change. I can use my iPhone for FaceTime!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I'll keep mine as long as possible. None of the others let me fill in addresses in CONTACTS.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that the other iPads in CONTACTS don't have the areas for addresses. Wonder why the part was deleted in the newer generations.

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never had the original ipad,but my cousin enjoys it so much.
I tri ed using it,and it's quite fun..although there are some games that cannot be supported by this device.In my opinion,i can last on using it for 1 hour and will never exceed.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that the other iPads in CONTACTS don't have the areas for addresses. Wonder why the part was deleted in the newer generations.

This comment doesn't make any sense. You can add addresses in every model of iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts