What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's planning to stand in line tomorrow at 8AM for the iPad Mini?

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thinking of going to the Apple store before work, but concerned there will be long lines....or not? what is your thought?..

Last edited:

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to Best Buy tomorrow around 7:45 AM expecting minimal crowd line.

See you guys out in the battlefield tomorrow! LOL :D

OP
L

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, good point. There is a Best Buy across the mall where the Apple store is, so maybe I will check it out too. Hopefully it will not be too crazy given some people waiting for the wifi+cell models to come out....

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered online. I live on the border to mexico. There are 700k "residents"..but figure all the aliens there is close to 1million people. Plus the bus loads of people that cross the border daily.

Shopping down here on a regular tuesday is like Black Friday in my home town of Denver. Shopping down here is always packed and streets always flooded. Good for our economy but only if you like black friday type crowds (I would take NYC over this! lol)

..So online order I did. UPS guy should be here at wrok by noon. :)

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got up for 8am here in London and received mine by 8.10am. I'm not sure many people are buying the mini Ipad in London :(.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to Best Buy tomorrow around 7:45 AM expecting minimal crowd line.

See you guys out in the battlefield tomorrow! LOL :D

I got there 7:45am and was first in line. By the time they opened the doors, only 4 people total all looking for the Mini only. The store has 25 Minis and 60 ipad 4s. No white iPad minis though...not that I was looking for that :)

In and out in 5 minutes....not bad. I got $40 gift card too!

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zman said:
I got there 7:45am and was first in line. By the time they opened the doors, only 4 people total all looking for the Mini only. The store has 25 Minis and 60 ipad 4s. No white iPad minis though...not that I was looking for that :)

In and out in 5 minutes....not bad. I got $40 gift card too!

How did you manage to get the $40 gift card? How lucky are you? :)

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you manage to get the $40 gift card? How lucky are you? :)

Target price match....obviously that is very discretionary with each store, but I am Silver Rewards member over two times over ;) They wouldn't want me pissed off I'm sure.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zman said:
Target price match....obviously that is very discretionary with each store, but I am Silver Rewards member over two times over ;) They wouldn't want me pissed off I'm sure.

Lucky man!! :) how you finding your new iPad?

OP
L

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine at the Apple store this morning. Got there at 745 and maybe 20 people ahead of me. There was a longer line on the other side for the iPhone 5!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
liveinla14 said:
Got mine at the Apple store this morning. Got there at 745 and maybe 20 people ahead of me. There was a longer line on the other side for the iPhone 5!

Wow, it's all good news today! Congratulations!

The Archangel

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wondered into a local best buy (in the next city down, but closer to work) at about 12:45 and had a mini in about 15 minutes or so. Most of that was standing there waiting for someone to get it down from the case. No line, no nothing. I love smallish towns.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I wanted into a local best buy (in the next city down, but closer to work) at about 12:45 and had a mini in about 15 minutes or so. Most of that was standing there waiting for someone to get it down from the case. No line, no nothing. I love smallish towns.

That is great news, I'll be waiting to hear how you get on with it?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts