What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who lives in Texas? Someone here does....

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard on the news in the middle of the night that there are huge wild hogs/pigs running loose in Texas! In residential places too!

And ~

Some are shooting them from helicopters???

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is random lol and texas is huge, so you gotta be more location specific lol

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they destory millions of dollar worth of farm land each year and can produce a litter twice a year when old enough to breed if i remember that right about the info on the hog hunt i went to down in Texas few years ago on a ranch there ..they are hunted down year round by people in the areas and people from outstate also

they can be so damageing to farm or ranch lands they drive out the native specis to the area for food sources .once they come into a area the specis that is natived to the area has to fight them for the food sources and you see the native specis driven from the area to never be see again in the area ..

they destory so much farm and ranch land a day it not funny..remember to lead them a little when they are at a full run for they are a quick little suckers when they are moveing plus use a 223 semi auto for large groups of them ....we used pistol and rifles to hunt ..the rifle for longer shots on them and pistol for up close and personal inside the river bank reeds where we hunted them down the river bottoms that day in east Texas area .

if you think iam a bad person for giveing you this info on hunting them down ..go and look at some of the pictures of the damage they do and talk to the farmers and ranchers who lands they have destoryed and you see the inpact of them on the lands that we grow our foods on ..

the prairie dog is another animal that is out of control also ..they will destory a 1 mile long section of grass lands that cattle or bision feed on along with if the cattle steps into the hole you have to put it down for you have lost money on cattle .. ..

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, they are out of control! If they didn't hunt them even the rangeland would suffer (already does to some extent). As far as the heli's it has been done but I think it's more of a story...

Most reactions