What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Drinks Coffee & Why

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
As someone who enjoys coffee at all times of the day, I'm curious about your java story.
When you started- how you prepare it (at home, takeout).
Brands you like - including instant which I have on occasion.
Regional and locally roasted too.

I started drinking coffee as a teenager.
My first cup was for warmth. I worked at a gas station on a highway - it was windswept and cold during winter. A cup of Joe, even when it was close to the consistency
of oil, helped take the edge off.

Now, coffee is a routine on work days and a ritual on my days off, like today.

I have brand preferences but with such a variety of coffee to choose from these days, like to try everything.

In Canada, my favourite coffee for consumption at home is "Kicking Horse" which is roasted in British Columbia.
When I'm driving and need a break, "Tim Hortons" or "Starbucks" is my fuel of choice.

Anyway, hope a mutual love of coffee propels this thread.

:)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nespresso Roma is my favourite coffee made on my Citiz machine, perfect crema, perfect froth when making a cappucino.

Instant is not coffee.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway, hope a mutual love of coffee propels this thread.

:)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF[/QUOTE

I thought you can't get Java on the iP.. No that's silly, never mind. Re coffee, Adelaide Sth Oz has a marvelous Central Market right in the city. I choose my coffee from a huge selection at one of the stalls. One of my favourites is Guatamala single roast. Marvelous on a Sunday morning with a fat Sunday newspaper!
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drink it everyday, got a huge cup in my hand as i type. I average about 2 pots a day. Nothing fancy or foreign, just good ole maxwell house.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boyfriend and I have a Grind and Brew machine. I get up first and make a pot; we drink it throughout the morning. No favorites, really, we buy our beans at Costco in large bags. I like flavored coffees or creamers; I'm contemplating a Keurig machine right now for the variety.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyday. Mornings. McDonalds (mainly for their coffee), Folgers Gourmet.

After 11am or so, it starts to make me sick, so I'm done by then. But I need the kick in the AM. I leave off the added stuff, though.

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
mdholm said:
My boyfriend and I have a Grind and Brew machine. I get up first and make a pot; we drink it throughout the morning. No favorites, really, we buy our beans at Costco in large bags. I like flavored coffees or creamers; I'm contemplating a Keurig machine right now for the variety.

What kind of grind & brew? I ask because I want to get a rig. My Braun, which I think is 1980s vintage, is losing its crunch and doesn't crack the beans as well as it once did.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Everyday. Mornings. McDonalds (mainly for their coffee), Folgers Gourmet.

After 11am or so, it starts to make me sick, so I'm done by then. But I need the kick in the AM. I leave off the added stuff, though.

I had a Mickey D's Joe the other day and was impressed.

AA

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
That's a single cup format right?

AA

Yes it is.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
What kind of grind & brew? I ask because I want to get a rig. My Braun, which I think is 1980s vintage, is losing its crunch and doesn't crack the beans as well as it once did.

AA

It's a Cuisinart. Works pretty well.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one of those single cup things. Not the Keurig, the Tassimo. Works OK, and now you can get Tim Hortons T-discs for it.

On the road I put up with most things. Tim Hortons locations are plentiful, although not always easy to get to with a big truck. I prefer Starbucks, but the same applies. Van Houtte is OK too, although I'm convinced that it tastes a lot different in Canada than I remember in Holland.

Two places I will NOT drink coffee are the Esso gas station in Valleyview, and the Flying J in High Level. How they have the gall to call that stuff coffee I will never know.

When I worked in Italy, I used to start each day with a couple of shots of espresso. That gets the blood flowing.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine uses Nespresso capsules. I love it, we're I to divorce my husband, I would insist on custody of the machine.:eek:

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Started when I was 22, needed to stay up for an assignment that was due the following day. Had been a tea drinker, but needed a bigger boost. For a quick fix, give me Folger's instant with Splenda and hazelnut creamer. For something better, when entertaining company, i break out the Keurig pods, mostly Green Mountain or Donut Shop.

Most reactions