What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White spot under glass.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just discovered a white "spot" under the glass of my iPad. It is about the size of a pixel but I do not think it is a stuck pixel as it is there even with the iPad power off and appears black when viewed against a white background.
I have confirmed that it is under the glass and not a scratch or pit in the glass surface.
Any idea what it might be and if it would be covered under warranty?
I would be willing to drive an hour to the Apple store if they would help but do not want to drive down for nothing.
Anyone know if the Apple Rep in Best Buy can do exchanges?
Thanks,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same issue how did you resolve it please?
Apple will replace your iPad if that's what you want. Go to your local Apple Store (if you have one) and explain your dilemma. It might be wise to (a) backup your iPad before you go and (b) 'phone ahead of time to get a 'trouble ticket' and check they have a replacement in stock.

Tim

OP
iPAD@UVA

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As it was so small as to be virtually unnoticeable unless you are really looking for it and there is no Apple Store nearby, my solution was to buy a iPad2 and give this one to my daughter who never cleans the screen and won't even see it.

Most reactions

Latest posts