What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Smart Cover color is the best with a white iPad 2?

Which Smart Cover color should I get for my white iPad 2?

• Black Leather

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Grey Polyurethane

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Blue Polyurethane

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The red definitely (IMO) looks great as it gets the inevitable wear marks and scratches. A little (very little) Meltonian clear polish will keep it fresh and happy.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In all honesty though, smart cover is a preference. None are better than the next. It's simply a color and some material. Leather or Polycarbonate(I think) . The only gripe with the smart cover I have is that it leaves black marks on the aluminum of the iPad and give NO protection what so ever to the back.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've an orange one and think it compliments the white rather nicely. A bit Creamsicle looking, but I like it.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
I've an orange one and think it compliments the white rather nicely. A bit Creamsicle looking, but I like it.

This would be my next choice after red. I still may pick it up. What do you guys use to protect the back if your only using the smart cover?

troyjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a black leather smart cover with the black iPad. I really wanted the red leather but there was a shortage for a while. For the back protection I have the Belkin case I got from Best Buy. Other cases that are compatible with the smart cover are coming out. I think I might be purchasing the Zero Chroma case at the end of June.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
troyjoy said:
I have a black leather smart cover with the black iPad. I really wanted the red leather but there was a shortage for a while. For the back protection I have the Belkin case I got from Best Buy. Other cases that are compatible with the smart cover are coming out. I think I might be purchasing the Zero Chroma case at the end of June.

There aren't many which is a surprise considering apple knew there wasn't any back protection. And a complaint I have is where the magnetic cover connects to the iPad it leaves like black residue on there and I dislike this. Yes it wipes off but I fear it will eventually scratch it.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iforsakenu said:
This would be my next choice after red. I still may pick it up. What do you guys use to protect the back if your only using the smart cover?

I bought an orange Switcheasy Coverbuddy to protect the back. It fits perfectly (was designed to work w the Smart Cover and has all the necessary cut outs) and the color matches exactly. I'm quite happy with it.

AdAbro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should get the polyesters instead. Any poly color! Leather ain't good because color wears out in a few days. I got gray which looks good to match the aluminum back of my iPad 2 :)

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the Red Leather smart cover on a black iPad and have sent for a clear back cover so the Apple can be seen. Sad I know ! But who cares ! It's beautiful..."

Most reactions

Latest posts