What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad wordproccessor works interchangeably with MS Word?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need something that I can import from a MS word file and then edit. I then need to be able to copy and paste the article from MS Word into Wordpress.

Can you also suggest a good image editor please. I need to be able to save an image on iPad from the web and then open that image in the image editor and re-size it. I then should be able to upload that resized and saved image into Wordpress from the iPad.

Before I bought the iPad mini I debated long and hard whether it would be simpler to just get the Nexus since I would imagine you can probably get something similar to MS Word, MS Excel on Android; however, I find the iPad is lot more user friendly in terms of the smoothness of the operating system.

Last edited:
OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will look into Pages. Up until now I never really saw the iPad as a work device, just for bit of entertainment. I always had the impression it would be really cumbersome to work on, something that took an hour to do on computer or a laptop would take twice as long on the iPad. Howver, I want to work couple of hours late into the night composing articles and then uploading them on Wordpress. I would prefer the comfort of working from the bed.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will look into Pages. Up until now I never really saw the iPad as a work device, just for bit of entertainment. I always had the impression it would be really cumbersome to work on, something that took an hour to do on computer or a laptop would take twice as long on the iPad. Howver, I want to work couple of hours late into the night composing articles and then uploading them on Wordpress. I would prefer the comfort of working from the bed.

It might speed it up with a BT keyboard maybe. It's easier to type and not have gibberish with auto-correct when you have physical keys to press on. If not, try using Siri or a dictation app

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can import files with the Word filetype into Apple's Pages on iOS ($5).

Hello iPad987 - I also use Pages (as I recall is a $10 purchase) which will work well w/ Word files; but keep in mind that the operative word in your request is 'interchangeably'; the iPad apps in Apple's iWork Suite are excellent but do not have the depth & features of their desktop equivalents. Now, there are other 'office apps' that I have not used.

Concerning your need for an imaging editor to resize (and possibly crop), I have used Photogene (see the attached screenshot from my iPad2) - the export feature (top right in the pic) allows resizing an image that you are editing - I'm sure there are other imaging apps that will do the same, but I'm suggesting the one I have used.

Good luck and please let us know your solution(s) - Dave :)

PhotogeneSCap.jpg

Most reactions