What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad Mini Keyboard to Buy? Most Portable

geetooeasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking around and I'm down to 2 choices.
Zaggs Key Mini $89.95

Or the Mini Suit Chrome Keyboard $29.95?

The Chrome keyboard seems like a better option espesically because of the price, but I also like how easy it is to remove/sync. I also seems very portable. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

geetooeasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks super sleek and sexy! but i prefer DEEPER KEYS for typing. The price tag is also around the same as the Zagg. I just placed an order for the mini suit keyboard :) hope it lives up to its hype :D

dlraff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the MiniSuit in silver for my white and silver iPad mini. After looking at many choices on Amazon, what I liked about the MiniSuit is that it's hinged; makes a sleek cover when it's closed. It's easy to pair, comes with a USB charger. For the money I think it's a good deal. Yes, the keys are tiny, but you most likely aren't going to write a book with it. I plan on using it on trips if I want to do any extended typing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find the keyboard made for the mini to be far to cramped to be useful for typing. the one for the iPad were bad enough, but fitting a full sized keyboard for the size of the mini is just not going to work for me. Yes, it makes for a travel friendly keyboard, but it also makes for a lousy way to work.

Of course, YMMV. :)

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the Zagg... it has a very unfortunate quirk: It doubles keystrokes so your emails, etc., end up like: Hoow aare yoou? ... I returned it. Now using the Logitech... excellent! I carry it on the Mini in a little bag in my purse. I love it!

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also consider coverbot. I got it for under $40. I put the mini in it when travelling or days i know I will type a lot. I write a lot and find it to be good.

Next one i am waiting to try is the Jorno

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also consider coverbot. I got it for under $40. I put the mini in it when travelling or days i know I will type a lot. I write a lot and find it to be good.

Next one i am waiting to try is the Jorno

That Coverbot looks very interesting... might have to try it!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally would not dream of using a keyboard with a mini, nor with my iPad 3 either, for that matter. If I wanted a laptop, I'd have bought one. Wait a minute, I did that. Seriously, the Mini is a little biddy reader that fits comfortably in your purse or jacket pocket. Why make it big? It's value is in it's littleness.

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally would not dream of using a keyboard with a mini, nor with my iPad 3 either, for that matter. If I wanted a laptop, I'd have bought one. Wait a minute, I did that. Seriously, the Mini is a little biddy reader that fits comfortably in your purse or jacket pocket. Why make it big? It's value is in it's littleness.

Personally, I carry it with our without, depending on what I'll be needing to do. Works for me! :)

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched to the Zagg Cover for my ipad mini and believe this is the best choice right now

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched to the Zagg Cover for my ipad mini and believe this is the best choice right now

Do you have any problem with keystrokes doubling letters? I did, when I had a Zagg. The Logitech does not do that on my Mini. Odd!

Most reactions