What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad Case Do You Have? Rate It Out Of 10!

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using an Apple case, and I'd rate it 9/10. It's really sleek, and like another person said, it doesn't make my iPad bulky. Plus, it also acts as a stand as well, making it extremely easy to type too. And it also comes with a cloth wipe as well, so my screen doesn't get dirty.

Only thing I don't like is that it scratches and dirties very easily, and I found it a bit too expensive for my taste.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had the Apple case since it was avaible in May or June. Its slim, works well for typing (and I insert it into Propup stand for handsfree reading and typing when home) and sticks into my handbag with no bulk. It does gets marked but using one of those "eraser" cleaners moistened and it looks almost like new again.

I also have a quilted, padded small case from Targus which has small handles (which can be tucked in), a zip pocket and two other pockets so sometimes I'll use it because it has camera connectors and I can stick comb, lipgloss and small wallet and just tuck it under my car seat. I don't think it would appeal to men LOL. I bought it because BB had it and I wanted something occasionally so I could carry ipad and a few personal things. Works fine for that though there might be others. I'd say 7/10 for it and 9/10 for Apple case

I also have a Tenba Mini Messenger that holds my camera and maybe 4 lenses and has a slip for the Ipad. Wonderful for a photograper who wants to carry the Ipad also.

Diane

Last edited:

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vaja Agenda 2 for me and original Apple case.

The apple case was first and was difficult to keep clean with the baby.

No complaints on the Vaja case except that the Apple cleaning cloth I keep on the IPad screen has been turning the inside of the flap purple.

Don

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roxas said:
The Zagg case seems to get the most mixed reviews of all cases. :/

I will say that I was concerned about the "build quality" of the ZaggMate at first, but it hasn't been an issue for me. I was worried that the foam going around the inside of the case would come off or end up tearing, but I have not had a single issue.

It sure does sound like there a quite a few defective units from the factory, but it you manage to get a good one, it does work great. It is by far my most-used iPad accessory and it has held up well (again, other than the little rubber feet, which almost appear to be an after-thought).

I'd be interested to hear what the poster meant by "literally falling apart"...

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8nobody8 said:
Ok I know I'm going to get shot for this but the best case I've used and the only one out of the half a dozen I have that I would give close to a ten to is the apple case. I give it a 10

It's the thinest case out there. All the others make the iPad bulky. It does everything you need from a case. Yes it gets a little dirty but a damp cloth cleans it up nice.

I absolutely agree. I hate the new cover for iPad 2 as the original Apple case has kept this thing in pristine condition even after I have dropped it on to concrete from four feet up. all I see is those new overpriced front covers doing is faking off and letting the iPad 2 getting scratched.

I also like the fact the original Apple case is so much like a folio in your hands. I can stuff papers, magazines etc. In there too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
I will say that I was concerned about the "build quality" of the ZaggMate at first, but it hasn't been an issue for me. I was worried that the foam going around the inside of the case would come off or end up tearing, but I have not had a single issue.

It sure does sound like there a quite a few defective units from the factory, but it you manage to get a good one, it does work great. It is by far my most-used iPad accessory and it has held up well (again, other than the little rubber feet, which almost appear to be an after-thought).

I'd be interested to hear what the poster meant by "literally falling apart"...

Foam detaching from the edges. Which is pretty fundamental to function. Surplus glue oozing onto iPad edge, gap starting to appear between the front edge of the keyboard and the case itself. Don't get me wrong, I think it is an excellent concept and Zagg are good at customer service. But I have gone back to my original iPad case and I use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard for high text input rather than persevere with the Zagg.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roxas said:
Yeah, I definitely think the iPad 2's new cover is more about aesthetic than durability. Sometimes, you can take "simplicity" a little too far.

I totally agree!! It looks half finished in the pics.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Hard Candy Streetskin. Wife uses the apple case. I like the Hard Candy as it protects well, and easy to keep clean. I usually keep the screen protector off.

yhst-12507765640553_2144_2047560

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting look...Kind of like an Otterbox'ish style. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Using the Speck Candyshell.

speck-ipad-candyshell-b.jpg

9/10

Case is great, fits like it's Apple OEM. not bulky, easy access to ports and connectors, with a design to allow easy docking without removing the case. While it doesnt cover the screen part (I simply applied a screen protector on that side). Soft rubber on the inside with a hard outer shell. Absorbs drops and bumps nicely.

The only shortfall is that it doesn't have a built-in stand/prop.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
In all honesty it's got that piano glossy finish and it does succumb to scratches and scuffs. Something has gotta give I guess. I've had my case on for 6 months and it's looking a little worn on the back side.. But that just let's people know I put mine to use.

So yes, cosmetically it may not look as 'new' as the first few days but it does protect the product as advertised. That's good enough for me.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I have both an Oberon Design "Roof of Heaven" leather case (http://www.oberondesign.com) and a customized Treegloo Moleskine-style case (http://www.treegloo.com):

Just received a new 'second generation' Treegloo Moleskine-style case a few days ago. They've made a number of design improvements to it over their original design which makes it a 12.7 out of 10.

Itwasntme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brookstone, case and keyboard combo. I've had it since Christmas. I give it 7 out of 10. Functionally the keyboard is fantastic, and the case feels sturdy enought to provide the iPad with cushioning should it fall. However, the reason for a 7 instead of a 10, is that the edges of the case are wearing down. I would have expected the case to go close to a year before something like that would happen.

Most reactions

Latest posts