What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad Case Do You Have? Rate It Out Of 10!

Roxas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadbeans.com
tell us which iPad case you have and give it a rating out of ten - simple!

[shill links deleted - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I know I'm going to get shot for this but the best case I've used and the only one out of the half a dozen I have that I would give close to a ten to is the apple case. I give it a 10

It's the thinest case out there. All the others make the iPad bulky. It does everything you need from a case. Yes it gets a little dirty but a damp cloth cleans it up nice.

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K0E6BG]Amazon.com: Acase Leather Flip Book Jacket/folio for Apple Ipad 3g Tablet/wifi Model 16gb, 32gb, 64gb (Black): Electronics[/ame]

$20 and I rate it 8/10. I wouldn't trade it for one that cost 3x as much.

Zman1403

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Otterbox Defender. Can't beat their products. Customer service is the BEST

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the Marware ecoview, and I'd rate it an 7/10.
The only drawbacks are added bulk and it shows wear rather quickly.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both an Oberon Design "Roof of Heaven" leather case (http://www.oberondesign.com) and a customized Treegloo Moleskine-style case (http://www.treegloo.com):

5922.jpg

th_iPadWithParisMapAndWallpaper-HiRes.jpg

Both get 10 out of 10 for product (handmade), durability and customer service.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must have researched a ton of leatherwork vendors when I was looking for a case, and Oberon are the only studio I've seen anywhere (and they have been doing this for over twenty years) which produces their kind of made-to-order, hand-tooled designs over drum-dyed aniline leather.

I have seen maybe one or two vendors on etsy.com which do something similar with the design, but they don't work with the quality of material that Oberon uses. Even right down to the pewter clasp on the cover, which is cast by Oberon in their own production studio.

Kaya3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an oberon leather case as well, and I would give it a 12 outta 10. Love it.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An Oberon iPad cover costs a cool $130 - but the quailty of the workmanship and design is absolutely worth the cost.

Oberon Design don't keep inventory, so whatever you order from them (through their website or phone order) is handmade only when you place your order. They have streamlined their production process so that they can fulfill each order and ship within two to three working days, unlike other vendors who have backlogs which incurs weeks of delay.

They don't normally "customize" although they will try to help with orders as much as they can. For example, some customers who are allergic to wool have managed to request for their covers to be wool-free.

cf. Leather iPad covers

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Check out the ZaggMate w/keyboard - you'll love it.

I have one, but sadly after a couple of months of use it is falling apart :( A pity because in principle it looks good and works well. Just let down by build quality.

Most reactions

Latest posts