What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's the upgrade to IOS 10?

Mike9685

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD Mini 4. Keep checking for the notification to upgrade to IOS 10, but it says that it is "up to date" with 9.3.5. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an IPAD Mini 4. Keep checking for the notification to upgrade to IOS 10, but it says that it is "up to date" with 9.3.5. Not sure what the problem is..

Hi Mike - I just upgraded my wife's iPad Mini 4 tonight to iOS 10 - just go into Settings -> General -> Software Upgrade and you should be offered the newest iOS (see image below) - let us know. Dave :)
IMG_6977.PNG

OP
M

Mike9685

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, That's what I keep checking...Still says "iOS 9.3.5 Your software is up to date" Any other ideas?
Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, If your iPad is a cellular modle, make sure you are on a wi-fi network.
And it might not hurt to reset or restart your device, if you haven' already doen so. It's a good idea to do that just before an update anyway (right after you back it up).

OP
M

Mike9685

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. After backing it up thru iTunes, I tried "Check for updates", it came back "This version of the iPad software (9.3.5) is the current version". Doesn't make any sense...I'm fairly new to the iPad, so I'm not sure where to go from here. I usually update it through WiFi, it's on and connected. It's not stuck, so I haven't done a hard reset. Any other ideas?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's an iPad mini 4, it should get the update automatically. What's the model number of your device? You can find it on the back cover of your device. It starts with an A, followed by four digits.

OP
M

Mike9685

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't see anything on the back cover. iTunes says that the model identifier is "iPad2,6", serial number F4KJPBSAF19C. (Looks like I need to talk to the guy that sold it to me as an iPad 4! -never noticed that before...) In general settings, it says that the model is MD535LL/A. It should still upgrade to ios 10, as I understand it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't see anything on the back cover. iTunes says that the model identifier is "iPad2,6", serial number F4KJPBSAF19C. (Looks like I need to talk to the guy that sold it to me as an iPad 4! -never noticed that before...) In general settings, it says that the model is MD535LL/A. It should still upgrade to ios 10, as I understand it.

Last night, I was going to question you like Johanna on specifically whether you had an older iPad?

Just entered the last model number you provided into the Lookup box of EveryMac; as you can see from the image below, you own the original iPad Mini which cannot be upgraded to iOS 10, hence the reason for your experience - time for a new device, perhaps? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 11.51.45 AM.png

justjoan123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD Mini 4. Keep checking for the notification to upgrade to IOS 10, but it says that it is "up to date" with 9.3.5. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem -- I have followed all of the above steps: the rebooting, the resetting with cable, etc and still no iOS10 update appears, although my iPhone update came through at once. I have an iPad mini as well, model MD528LL/A, serial no. DLXJV621F193. My WiFi is via my Apple Time Capsule router, supposedly super-fast. Suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Same problem -- I have followed all of the above steps: the rebooting, the resetting with cable, etc and still no iOS10 update appears, although my iPhone update came through at once. I have an iPad mini as well, model MD528LL/A, serial no. DLXJV621F193. My WiFi is via my Apple Time Capsule router, supposedly super-fast. Suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As in my previous response, you have the original iPad Mini which cannot be upgraded to iOS 10 as stated in my post above, sorry. Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your model number is for the iPad mini 1, which will not be getting the iOS 10 update. Only the iPad mini 2 and newer are eligible for the iOS 10 update.

Edit: beaten to the punch

Most reactions

Latest posts