What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where can I buy a case for the Ipad 4

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking to see if cases were available for the Ipad 4, but I didnt see any. Can I use one of my cases from my Ipad 3?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 3 cases will fit iPad 4.

Both iPad 3 & iPad 4:

Height:9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
Width:7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
Depth:0.37 inch (9.4 mm)

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered the new iPad 4 and it will be arriving this Friday. I am trading up from the iPad 1. I bought the original Apple iPad cover for my first iPad and it has served me well and I will pass it on to my partner when I get the new one. I checked out reviews of the iPad case because I want the entire tablet covered like my first case. I checked reviews of the Apple covers from users from different sources and was not all that impressed with them, too many complaints about the cover slipping off. I spent the next day after my iPad purchase looking for the best cover I thought was best suited for me. I looked at many videos and read many more reviews of all kinds of products. My final choice was The Joy Factory SmartSuit3 - Ultra Slim Snap On Stand/Case with Wake up/Sleep Cover for New iPad3 or 4. It will arrive to me on Monday from Amazon.

Jkeeley1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I absolutely love my Spigen Valentinus case. It is a bit expensive at around $100, but is not that much more than a smart case, has the auto sleep feature, storage for business cards and documents, is super thin and has some of the nicest leather I have ever seen in a folio case. I returned my ipad 3 for the 4, and am confident it will fit fine.

http://www.spigen.com/the-new-ipad-diary-case-valentinus-series.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will cases for the iPad 2 be way too big for the iPad 4th gen?

I have a couple iPad 2 cases and if I don't have to buy one I'd prefer not to, but I do want to protect it well.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Will cases for the iPad 2 be way too big for the iPad 4th gen?

I have a couple iPad 2 cases and if I don't have to buy one I'd prefer not to, but I do want to protect it well.

Most cases made for the iPad 2 will fit the iPad 4 unless they're very tight fitting. My Smart Cover fits my iPads 2&3 and the iPad 4 is exactly the same size as the iPad 3.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Oberon bifold case fit my 2 and now my 3, just fine. The 4 uses the same housing, so that should be the same for cases as well. Only the original was significantly different.

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
acdcking12345 said:
I was looking to see if cases were available for the Ipad 4, but I didnt see any. Can I use one of my cases from my Ipad 3?

Excuse me, I have a question? I bought an iPad a month ago, but it has no name on the box... I'm looking for a case too, but I don't know if it is the iPad 3 or 4.. Do you know by any chance? Or which one is the last iPad on the market?
Thank you!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Excuse me, I have a question? I bought an iPad a month ago, but it has no name on the box... I'm looking for a case too, but I don't know if it is the iPad 3 or 4.. Do you know by any chance? Or which one is the last iPad on the market?
Thank you!

The iPad 4 was released to buy on 11/2/2012. If you bought an iPad a month ago, it could not have been an iPad 4 (and it would not say that on the box, either). Assuming you didn't buy an iPad 2 (which is still available to buy for $399 in 16GB model) you must have the 3nd generation iPad, that was released in March of this year.

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
The iPad 4 was released to buy on 11/2/2012. If you bought an iPad a month ago, it could not have been an iPad 4 (and it would not say that on the box, either). Assuming you didn't buy an iPad 2 (which is still available to buy for $399 in 16GB model) you must have the 3nd generation iPad, that was released in March of this year.

Thank you! How is possible that apple change an iPad in the same year? What's the difference? Maybe I can sell this ( mine is white 64 gb) and buy the new iPad 4 for be fashionable :)

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thing is, nobody will know which one you have by outside glance. The trained eye could maybe tell a 2 from a 3 by display clarity but the body is the same from 2-4. You don't have to upgrade to be fashionable, nobody will know except you which one you have.
Apple can release whatever they want whenever they want. You choose wether or not it is worth it for you to upgrade at release. I'm getting off the must upgrade train. You can all have fun. I like my 3.

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Great thing is, nobody will know which one you have by outside glance. The trained eye could maybe tell a 2 from a 3 by display clarity but the body is the same from 2-4. You don't have to upgrade to be fashionable, nobody will know except you which one you have.
Apple can release whatever they want whenever they want. You choose wether or not it is worth it for you to upgrade at release. I'm getting off the must upgrade train. You can all have fun. I like my 3.

You're absolutely right!! Thank you again!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just for reference........

A quick way to tell an iPad 3 from an Ipad 4 is that the latest iPad 4 has a small Lightening connector instead of the wide plug.

samita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Just for reference........

A quick way to tell an iPad 3 from an Ipad 4 is that the latest iPad 4 has a small Lightening connector instead of the wide plug.

And what is your opinion between the iPad mini and a regular iPad? :)

Most reactions

Latest posts